Monday, August 7, 2017

Teach Me Your Ways, Lord



 A sketch in my 6 x 8 journal. I used watercolors, Faber-Castell Pitt pens, and ink.

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me
Your paths; guide me in Your truth and
teach me, for You are my Savior, and 
my hope is in You all day long." 
Psalm 25:4-5

In Psalm 25, David desired guidance from the Lord. That's my desire too! How do we receive God's guidance? The first step is to WANT to be guided and realize that God's primary guidance system is in His Word, the Bible. Psalm 119 tells us of the endless knowledge found in God's Word. By reading and constantly learning from it, we will gain wisdom to perceive God's direction for our lives. Sometimes we can grow impatient with the Lord because we don't get answers right away. And sometimes when we do, it isn't the answer we wanted (I'm guilty of this). But we must believe that God knows what is best. He is "ALL KNOWING". Spending time in His Word will not only give us guidance,  we will also get to know who the Lord is. We will have a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him. I want that, do you?

Thank you for stopping by. I love comments from you! Have a God-filled day! 

Love, in Christ,
Sonya


No comments: