Friday, August 4, 2017

Seeing the Lord and listening to the praise of the angels, Isaiah knew that he was unclean (sinner) before God, with no hope of measuring up to God's standards of holiness. When Isaiah's lips were touched with a live burning coal, however, he was told that his sins were forgiven (before God sent His Son to die for our sins). It wasn't the coal that cleansed him, but God. Isaiah responded by submitting himself entirely to God's service. No matter how difficult his task would be, he said, "Here I am. Send me!" He had to be cleansed before he could fulfill the tasks that he was called to do. Before we accept God's call to speak to those around us, we must be cleansed as Isaiah was. Not by a hot coal to our mouths! But by confessing our sins and submitting to God's control. Asking Jesus in our hearts. Letting God purify us may be painful, but we must be purified so we can truly represent God, who is pure and holy. The more clearly Isaiah saw God, the more he was aware of his own powerlessness and inadequacy to do anything of lasting value without God. When God calls, we have to ask ourselves, would we be able to say, "Here I am. Send me!"? 

This page was done in my Interleave Bible, where every other page is blank! So not painting, drawing or writing on the scriptures. I love that! I found this idea on Pinterest, but mine is a little different. I used acrylics, Pastels, and ink.

Thank you for dropping by and may God bless. I would love to hear from you!


2 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, I always admire your drawings, and paintings, and they almost always carry, a thoughtful sentence, from the Bible .
This is beautiful ,dear friend.
Hugs, Dorthe

Sonya Badgley said...

Thank you so much dear Dorthe for your sweet comment. You always say the kindest things. <3
Hugs to you,
Sonya