Saturday, May 24, 2014

As Sweet as Honey...

Yes, I have a soft spot for honeybees. How about you? I've always had a desire to learn to raise them.  I have no room to raise them, but if I did...
Speaking of honeybees, I wanted to share something that I've been working on the last couple weeks. Despite the fact that I haven't been feeling so well lately, I did manage to finish this little creation. I hope you like it. It's a bit...unusual but hey, so am I. 


This is Miss Honey Queen Bee. You can purchase the Masonite kits at Retro Cafe Art.com. I painted her an acrylic gold color. Her head and wings I painted black. The wings were also covered in coffee stained cheesecloth. The daisies that she is holding was part of a piece of old jewelry I had. Her face was from an old photograph that I had. I painted over it to make her eyes more "bug" like and painted her hair with a kind of widow's peak. 


You can add your own embellishments. I added the patterned paper on the body part of the bee. I also inked the edges of each piece. I glued all the pieces together and then added the brads. 


I hope you are enjoying your Memorial weekend! I would love to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by.  Have a Bee-autiful weekend! 

Love, Sonya

1 comment:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love it! So totally clever and I am happy to see you blogging again! :) Have a wonderful Memorial weekend my dear lady! <3

Nancy