Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sharing More Love in the Mail...

Hello again dear friends. Yesterday was Mel's memorial service and it turned out beautifully. Just the way he wanted it. Our pastor did an awesome job-said just the right things. And yes, of course, I cried. Well, a lot of people did. But we laughed too. A few people shared great stories which I won't ever forget. Thankfully it was video taped so I will be able to watch it over and over.  
I wanted to share a few things that have recently come in the mail. These gifts touched my heart, I just want you to know. 
This first gift was made by my sister, Kathy. It's a prayer shawl. Isn't it just beautiful? The shawl is made in Mel's favorite color. 
Pretty bead work at the ends of the shawl. So, so pretty...

This came with it.  Thank you dear Kathy for thinking of me. I will wear the prayer shawl often and think of this time of my life. 
I also received a gift from my dear friend, Marie @ Lost Bird Studio. Do you know her?  Isn't she the sweetest? This is the tag she made.  Love it.
The back of the tag...
This box with the heart and rose at the center...
What's inside this German written page?
One of Marie's gorgeous soldered necklaces! The heart with the cross and the rhinestones. Wow, Marie! Thank you SO much! I just love her work, don't you?
The back of the soldered piece.
She sent me 2 of these pictures with Jesus on them! Oh, these will be great in a craft project! Thank you, dear Marie! You are so sweet!
Hmmm, I wonder who this is from? 
Remember Linda @ Charmed Victorian? She is the friend that sent the watch with Mel's and my photo inside? Well, she sent me a card and another gift!!!
Have you ever seen one of these before?
This lovely box is musical too.
Written on the inside of the box...
With these angels inside the box as well. Thank you so, so much Linda. Please pay her a visit on her blog @ Charmed Victorian. She is such a sweet generous soul! 
I have the sweetest, dearest friends! And I am BLESSED! I so appreciate all the emails and comments you've been sending me. Please visit these ladies and get to know them. 

Lots of hugs and love,
Sonya

9 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Dear Sonya,
I'm so glad to hear the memorial service went well. And that you continue to receive heart gifts through the mail. The shawl is so very pretty. And your friends are so very sweet to continue to uplift you during this time of loss. Wishing you a beautiful new week. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Dorthe said...

My dear Sonya, I`m so happy for you that the Memorial Service day, was a good day, and with both tears and smiles.
And I`m also happy for you that you recieve one after the other heart made gifts from dear friends and family, whom tells you you are treasured and thought of.
The blue scharf from your sister is so lovely, and Marie`s gifts are a stunning beautiful necklace.
How kind also that Linda send you the Worry box, with little angels inside.
Sonya I hope this new week, also brings you smiles,even there are tears behind.
Blessings and warm hugs.
Dorthe

Katherine said...

Oh girl... Im so happy that the service was just as you wanted it! I keep you in my prayers all the time!
You have so many wonderful, loving friends. All these girls are just such loving people and you deserve it. Sending all my love!

Hugs,

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
The memorial service was a wonderful tribute to Mel & how he lived his life. Your pastor did a superb talk. If anyone was looking for an answer in Jesus, they should have found it there.
Hugs & Blessings,
Cindy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Sonya,
I'm so glad that the memorial service for Mel went well.
The scarf your sister made is gorgeous and the Worry Box from Linda is so lovely.You are loved my friend.Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad you like the necklace.Sending hugs and prayers,
Marie

suziqu's thread works said...

My Dear Sonya,
You are doing so so well climbing that mountain. I am so proud of you in the way your beautiful soul is shining through the dark times!
That worry box is just amazing - how very very thoughtful and Marie's beautiful pendant is so very beautiful and special.
You can wrap yourself in your sister's shawl thinking and praying with Mel.
Sending you many big hugs and love from way over here,
Suzy xoxox

violi igłą malowane said...

You got a wonderful gift.
You are in my thoughts ..

Candy C said...

Oh Sonya....it's so wonderful to have so many people who love you and mourn your loss with you. You certainly have received some wonderful little treasures from family and friend. I know it doesn't replace having your sweet husband at your side. But hopefully, knowing that you are so loved will help your heart heal a little better. <3 Candy

Linda said...

Hello Sonya,
I am so glad Mels Memorial Service went well! Keep in touch, I think of you often and you are in my prayers! I am glad you liked the Angel Box!
XO
Linda