Saturday, May 19, 2012

Update and a Gift From a Friend~

Hello my dear friends. Just a short post to let you know what is going on and I had to share a wonderful gift from a dear blogger friend.


As most of you know my dear hubby has been very ill since the end of March. Mel had a doctor's visit on Wednesday and the doctor gave us news that it was time for Hospice to step in. He said that he had tried everything he could think of and that Mel has not responded to the medication. Mel is totally at peace about what's to come. And me? I'm trying hard to be. The Lord has been carrying us through this whole ordeal and we are so thankful for that. We are choosing to see the blessings in all of this and it truly does give us peace. At this time Mel isn't in any pain and we are SO thankful! We're  enjoying every moment that we can.  


I want to thank all my friends, near and far that have given us support, prayers,encouragement and especially their love. I won't ever forget it. 


Speaking of friends, do you know Linda @ Charmed Victorian? Linda is a sweetie and you really must meet her.  She had a giveaway last year and I won it! Two beautiful necklaces that she had made. Go visit her blog and you will see just what I mean. The necklaces are gorgeous! When she found out about Mel being ill she emailed me and asked me to email her a photo of Mel and I- that she wanted to make me something. See what I mean about being a sweetie?   I just received the gift this last Tuesday and I wanted to share it with you.
 Linda sent me these notepads, which I am ALWAYS needing! :)
 And this lovely pocket watch necklace! I love this photo of us! 
 I have it hanging on my rear view mirror of my car, so I can look at it all the time.
This the back of the watch. Isn't it lovely? Thank you, dear, dear Linda! I will treasure it always.


Thank you for dropping by today. I am missing  you all so much but I need to spend time with my Mel. Go say hi to Linda!


Have a wonderful weekend and remember to cherish your loved ones everyday. 


Love and God bless you, 


Sonya

10 comments:

sweet violets said...

I can't imagine your pain right now......will keep you both in prayer....be of good cheer...hugs, cleo

nelda said...

I just came over from the Feathered Nest to say congratulations on winning a piece of Dawn's art. But I am so saddened to hear about you husband's condition with interstitial lung disease. I had a serious problem with it until they found it was caused by the dust from my pet birds. Now I can breathe...something I had taken for granted before. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Nelda Johnson

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Sonya:
We are so sad to read your post. At times like this words are so very inadequate but we hold you close to our hearts at this very difficult and emotional time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, Mel.

Libertybelle said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
I pray for you & Mel daily. My heart aches for you, sweet Sonya.
Blessings & Hugs,
Cindy

Michele said...

i'm so glad you posted an update. i'm keeping you and Mel in prayer. love and blessings to you. xo

Linda said...

Hi Sonya,

I am so glad you liked your pendant! You are in my prayers every day! Hugs to you and Mel!!
XO!
Linda

Anonymous said...

I just found you blog as
I was reading Dawn's.
I am so very, very sorry
for your pain and will
keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Carole R.Burlington, MA

Monica said...

Oh Sonya... I have no words to say how very sorry I am to hear that. Will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
Sending warm, big hugs your way.
Monica xo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It's so good to hear from you and to get an update. I will definitely be keeping you and Mel in my prayers.
What a sweet gift Linda made for you, so thoughtful and so pretty. I won a pretty necklace in a giveaway she had a couple of months ago.
Thanks for sharing with us Sonya.