Thursday, March 1, 2012

Some Boomarks to Share~

 Hello dear friends. I thought I would share three bookmarks that I made up the other day. The first one I made with a pretty "aubergine" (egg plant) colored ribbon and a couple of vintage earrings.
 This one is made with a Paper Whimsy image. I think this little girl is so cute and I liked this quote-"a book is a garden carried in the pocket".
 This bookmark I made for my hubby. He said I always make my bookmarks too feminine and asked me if I could make him one that wasn't so foo-foo. Well, I tried. He will use this one for his bible-so what better quote than this?
 I used vintage buttons and a rusty heart. Don't you love this ribbon netting? It's from Flights of Fancy. I tried to capture the coppery shimmer to it in the photo.
This is also from Flights of Fancy-I love the beading in the center of the flowers.

What have you been up to? I've been working in my craft room where it's warm and toasty, since it's been snowing outside! Not that much though. More rain than snow. I hope you are all doing well and are getting to do something fun. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Warm hugs,
Sonya

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Sweet Sonja,
your bookmarks are so very pretty.
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Sonya
I hope you are feeling nice and settled into your studio by now! It looks like you have been quite busy creating already now that you are set up and those book marks look so sweet. I hope hubby doesn't think his is too "foo foo" - love the expression.
I can see him and my DH both watching that weather channel together. It must be a man thing.
Have a lovely weekend dear friend,
Warm hugs,
Suzy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Sonya,
your bookmarks are absolutely beautiful.I'm having fun soldering.
Have a wonderful weekend dear friend.
Hugs,
Marie

Marilyn Rock said...

Oh Sonya! Your bookmarks are gorgeous; love all the touches - the beading, images, and arrangements. Lovely! Thanks for stopping by my Blog for your visit and leaving your compliments! Have a great weekend and I'll be back, here, for visits :)

Dorthe said...

Oh dear Sonya, you have been creating beautiful things in your crAFT Room- I love them all-and I love the qoute on the middle one,and the sweet image you used- also your husbonds is so very beautiful.
Hugs and a happy week-end to you dear friend.
Love, Dorthe

nives said...

so nice

Lululiz said...

Gorgeous bookmarks, all three of them. I like the idea of the ribbon one, so simple, yet so elegant and beautiful with those sparklies.
Isn't it lovely to be tucked up inside, all warm and cosy, when the weather is horrid?

Jill ~*Feathers and Flight*~ said...

Good Morning Sonya
These are Both so Lovely. I am sure your Husband was So Pleased with his. He will remember your Careful Work Every Time he Picks up his Bible.
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill

Monica said...

Sonya,
many thanks for your lovely, lovely note!
Your bookmarks look wonderful, I cannot choose a favorite!
Monica x

Monica said...

Sonya,
many thanks for your lovely, lovely note!
Your bookmarks look wonderful, I cannot choose a favorite!
Monica x

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sonya
this is so darling! I love the sweet lace, stitching and heart too! Sounds like your weather is similar to ours. Although we lost power last night for 13 hours....cold! Have a great weekend!

Kasia said...

Oh dearie!!! I love your bookmarks!!!!! Love love love them!!! Mel is over the moon, Im sure! You are just bursting with talent my dear!!!!

Hugs,

momto8 said...

sooo pretty.
My girlfriend made ma a book mark something like this...i am a reader....it is one of my favorite possessions!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.