Monday, March 5, 2012

I Can Do All Things...

Hello friends. I was in the mood for mixed media again. The background of this canvas is music paper and sewing pattern paper. Then I used acrylic paint (watered down so you could see a little of the paper underneath.
I chose  to hand write the scripture from Philippians. It made it more personal to me.
The images of butterflies came from Graphics Fairy. I LOVE her vintage images. And they are FREE!
I outlined each butterfly with ink, so they would stand out more.

Paul wrote these words while imprisoned. It was so encouraging to me. There's been times in my life that I thought, I can't get through this. But friends, we can...through Christ who strengthens us.

Yesterday, I had a scare. My husband became very ill-all of a sudden. I thought he was having a heartattack. I called the ambulance and we took a trip to the hospital. Pacing the floor in the hospital, waiting and wondering, I started to pray. I felt like I was going to break down and start crying. But when I started praying all of a sudden this scripture came to mind again. Then I said to the Lord, Paul's right. I "can" do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Lord, give me that strength right now. I had a peace come over me that you can only get from the Lord. After 5 hours of tests and waiting and my hubby laying there with an I.V. of pain meds dripping through his veins, the doctor came in and said yep, it's a kidney stone! Praise God! Not that kidney stones aren't awful. They are! But it wasn't a heartattack and that was a relief.

Thank you for visiting today and for your comments.

I'm linking up with Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday. If you haven't visited Karen's blog before (I'm sure you have), you must!

Have a wonderful week, my new and old friends.

Blessings,
Sonya

19 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I am glad to hear that you husband is ok. God knows how to comfort those who ask Him. Your piece is beautiful.

Danielle

Elizabeth Johnson said...

This is a lovely piece. A a great statement of truth. Thank you for sharing.

Myrna said...

Oh! I am so glad your husband is ok..what a scare..and how wonderful in the midst of it God gave you comfort. He always shows up for us, doesn't He? 0:-)
I love your artwork and creativity AND your beautiful blog!
Thanks so much for stopping by with well-wishes~so sweet of you!!
Blessings!
Myrna

Karen B. said...

Sweet Sonya,
first of all your art piece is beautiful. I am sending you many hugs to give you strengh and just to make you feel a tiny bit better and many well wishes for your husband. I hope everything will be fine very soon again.
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Jagna said...

lovely paintings

Dorthe said...

My dearest Sonya,
You have been so afraid ,I can understand, such experiences are alwayes frightening, and demands the most from us.....we are so lucky to have the help from above!
I`m happy for you ,your husbond did not have a heart attack, and hope he is soon feeling ok again.
I love your butterflye collage, it is a piece for you to keep, and treasure the fully meaning of!
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Kate said...

Your canvas is stunning! I love what you did and how you incorporated this verse. It is such an encouragement, isn't it? I love how the Lord promises to never give us more than we can handle. So happy that your husband is not seriously ill, although I hear stones are terribly painful. My father in law is dealing with them as well. He will be in my prayers.
Kate

Miss Sandy said...

Sonya,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful testimony. I am so glad your sweet husband is ok. I will keep him in my prayers, those stones are so painful.

The artwork is stunning!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
Your butterfly collage is gorgeous and so glad that Mel is ok. I had a kidney stone and so has my hubby and son, Josh. Josh has passed about 16 of them now; his body continues to make them. The pain is horrendous & very scary. I pray that Mel doesn't ever have one again. I feel so bad that you were waiting alone with Mel in the hospital, but thankful that God was with you. The bible verse is perfect in all our lives. Thank you so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Cindy

khess136 said...

Sonya, you are an inspiration to all of us! I'm so glad things turned out far better than you imagined they could. You are such a Godly woman of courage, faith, and conviction! Thank you for sharing.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Sonya,
your collage is absolutely beautiful.I'm so glad that your dh is ok.Sending hugs and prayers dear friend.
Marie

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i'm glad it was kidney stones and not a heart attack (my hubby had kidney stone too so i know they are really painful). how wonderful you remembered this verse. your butterfly piece is wonderful. i love your handwriting! and i love the graphics fairy too!

Gail said...

I'm so glad you're dh is o.k., how terrifying! It's amazing what happens when you give your fears to God, he always comes through....:).
Love your art piece, just beautiful.

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Sonya
Kidney stones are painful enough! but I'm so glad for you both that it was not more serious and life threatening dear friend!
Help is always there when we need it and you were so lucky to call upon it in those few uncertain hours.
Your butterflies so beautifully created will give you the strength and freedom from worry when you look at them.
Sending love and hugs to you from downunder,
Suzy

Kasia said...

Girl, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the soft colours and stunning images! You did it again! And Im so happy that it wasnt anything serious with Mel!

Hugs,

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Sonya, Thank the lord it was only a kidney stone! Hope he feels better soon.
Your butterflies are truly stunning!!!
hugs Lynn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your collage is beautiful! So glad to hear that hubby's problem is something that can be remedied fairly easily. Wishing you both all the best, Tammy

violi igłą malowane said...

I know the pain and compassion .. Men are worse pass.

marie said...

This is such a beautiful piece of art and one of my favorite scriptures. What a blessing to know we're not on our own.

I'm so glad that your husband is okay....I feel for him though. I've passed kidney stones. It's pretty awful...as close as a man's going to get to childbirth!! : )