Friday, March 16, 2012

An ATC to Share~

 Hello again, dear friends. Have you ever tried making an ATC (artist trading card)? Well, this is my first and I have to say it was a lot of fun and challenging to make something that small. The background of the card is torn pieces of ink stained paper, a stamping of the Eiffel tower and a couple french words.
 The piece of jewelry with the face of a clock on it was actually an earring but the big pink stone fell out and I lost it!! But this little clock face fit perfectly in the hole. I glued some coffee stained gauze underneath the earring, added some pink flowers and a gold metal stamping of some leaves and a few little seed beads.
 This is a piece of a brooch that I cut apart. The stones are a really pretty, iridescent pink,  and the leaves are mother-of-pearl.
This is only 2 1/1 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Not very big at all. 




Thank you for your wonderful comments and for visiting today!


What have you been up to? Any creating? Any Easter projects going? I need to get busy with that! 


I'm linking up with Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday! Please go see this sweet lady and join in the fun by linking up something that you would like to share. She is also including green this weekend since Sunday is St. Patrick's Day


Have a wonderful weekend!


Irish Blessings,
Sonya 

23 comments:

Robyn said...

WOW! This was your FIRST ATC creation? Amazing, it is lovely, fantastic job! I love making ATC's too; keep up the great work.

Karen B. said...

Sweet Sonya,

your ATC is so pretty!! You are so talented girl!!

hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Marcia said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Sigh...creativity is such a gift.
Thank you for the reminder that God knows our heart and that is enough, Sonya. So very true.
HPS and Irish blessings to you too.

Candy C said...

Sonya, your ATC is beautiful!!! You did a fantastic job on it! So. iChat detail packed into such a small area! It is beautifully done! Hugs, Candy

marie said...

I've made some ATCs...they're fun because you get a completed piece of art in a short period of time.

Your first ATC is absolutely amazing! Love all the beautiful details!

Kasia said...

Thats SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love what you did with the watch and the pictures! And so small, WOW! :)

Hugs,

suziqu's thread works said...

WOW Sonya! This is an absolutely stunning ATC and it is your first???!!!
Incredible!
It always amazes me just how much detail can be applied to such a tiny sized piece!
Beautiful work!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hard to believe that this is your first ATC,Sonya.Just gorgeous.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Hugs,
Marie

Kate said...

This is gorgeous! I can't believe this is your first atc! Fabulous embellishments! I love the French flair.
Kate

bobbie said...

THAT'S your first ATC?!?!?!
Wowsers!! It's fabulous!
I've done tons of them, but they never looked like this!
Good job!

Marti McClure said...

Sonya, Your ATC is really fabulous! I love your composition, and of course I love the Eiffel Tower. Your choice of embellishments is really beautiful. Your blog is lovely and I'm looking forward to following you. Happy Pink St. Patrick's Day Saturday. ~Marti

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sonya this is amazing! what a gorgeous ATC and the jewelry bits are lovely. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Sonya, thankyou for your sweet words to me,- made me feel better you know.
Your ATC is adorable- I know how small they are, and you made a fantastic beautiful piece.
Hugs ,Dorthe

Linda said...

Hi Sonya,

Beautiful ATC card!!
Hugs from me!
Linda

Ana Márquez said...

How lovely this card, friend! I love every detail and the vintage image. You are so talented!

Big hugs from
Vintage Collages
.

Miss Sandy said...

Beautiful!!!

I have to laugh, at myself not you, I remember making my first ATC's too and I was so puzzled as to exactly what they were, I had to google the term! Small art can be so very wonderful and yours surely is!

Blessings from Cindy said...

You are soooo talented with whatever you decide to create, my friend. I love all the special details on the tiny canvas! I posted about the gift from you on my blog tonight. Thank you so much again & look forward to seeing you soon. It was wonderful to visit the other day!
Blessings,
Cindy

momto8 said...

soo pretty!! good for you!

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art said...

Oh Sonya your ATC is so beautifully made, love all the bling, and you also show some fine creative things in your former posts. Have a nice week.
Hugs Anni

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your ATC is absolutely gorgeous, Sonya! are you going to trade it? i wouldn't be able to part with it if i were you!

Rebecca said...

Such a sweet little thing! I have not tried an ATC, maybe someday when I slow down a bit.
You make it tempting to try.
My thing right now is art journals, I love putting my favorite scriptures in them.
Have a wonderful SUnday
Blessings
Rebecca

Charlene said...

I LOVE your ATC's. I have not started on this as I DON'T NEED another addiction! But, your's are darling. What do you plan on doing with them? Making a book to put them in?
Charlene

Maureen said...

LOVE it! I have just started making these, but they are far less detailed than yours. Wowzers! Absolutely beautiful!