Sunday, February 26, 2012

To Everything There is a Season...

 Hello again!  Here is a mixed media canvas that I just finished and wanted to share with you. I used a combination of vintage papers, sewing pattern paper,rusted  pieces,resistors,button, acrylics,bubble wrap, charcoal and inks. My husband was scratching his head again at this one. ;P
 I created the sun by using a big (about 2 1/2 inches wide) old button that I had in my stash and some resistors that I ordered from Vintage Supply on Etsy. Love her stuff!
 I found got this watering can at Barb's Vintage Market Place show at Treasures From the Heart Shop. It was actually a trade with a lady that had a booth too-Rae-Marie. Hi Marie! The rusted wire for the water coming out is from Vintage Supply too.
 The little bird house actually had a wire at the top so you could hang it. I took it out and I can't remember where I got this bird but it had a wire piece at the bottom of it. It fit perfectly in the hole and I secured it with glue.
 The "fence post" is really a drawer plate that I painted to make it look rusted. And then I attached this little metal garland on to it. It was a Christmas wreath that I cut up. ;P
 The inside of the flowers are rusted bottle caps with a piece of rusty perforated sheet of metal.




Spring is on its way friends and can you tell that I'm ready for it? How about you? What have you been up to?
Thanks for visiting today and  I appreciate your comments. ;)

Happy sunny days to you,
Sonya

11 comments:

Kasia said...

This is stunning girl!!! LOVE the colours and the spring-like feel of this!!! :D simply beautiful!

Hugs,

Lululiz said...

WOW!!! You have really outdone yourself here, Sonya, this is a fantastic piece!So many fabulous little details, the composition, the colours, this is just awesome. Have to give it another WOW WOW WOW, lol.

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, OH this is gorgeous-I love your background, with all the painted,and stamped -and so many little funny pieces you have used-the bottlecap sunflowers are wonderful- you have started spring ,yes.
HUGS and love, Dorthe

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit. You truly are an artist...this is so amazing, I really love it! (It's snowing here tonight!) ;)

Miss Sandy said...

Oh my goodness Sonya, this is gorgeous! The depth and texture are just amazing! You really should send this in to one of the Stampington publications for submission to be published, just wonderful. It perfectly captures the feel of spring and the sentiment behind the words. Love it!

Robin said...

Great collage Sonya! The colors, textures and sun are all fabulous.

Hugs,
Robin

Lynn Stevens said...

Sonya, is that ever creative. LOVE your springtime canvas!
hugs Lynn

Unknown said...

Love! Hope your doing well looking forward to spring! You used the rusted watering can for the perfect piece stunning! I know have my craft room back and I can't wait to create!Thanks for the inspiration! Love Rae-Marie

Lynn said...

I love this piece. I have just started trying to do some colleges and mixed media. Just love this.
Hugs, Lynn

Marilyn Rock said...

I love this; wish I could touch it! xxoo

Monica said...

Your sunflowers are amazing. What a creative work of art!
Love that quote too.
xo