Friday, January 20, 2012

My New Little Craft Room~

 Hello sweet friends!  Can you see why I wanted to sit down and cry? My old craft room was 17x20 plus I had a 10x11 sewing room. Now...10x11 for both! Ahhh!
 I had to decide what I was willing to part with and what I really wanted to keep. It wasn't easy...
 This is the guest bedroom, I had to put some of my craft room stuff in here while I organized. It's not staying in here.
 Yes, and into the hallway too!  After almost two weeks, I'm finally done!
 Ta-da!  It looks a little better, huh?
 This long table I will sew and do my soldering.
 This is the closet that my hubby put shelves in for me.
 I still have a lot of stuff, don't I?  Well, I still needed some of it. :)
 Here is my wall where I display all my wonderful gifts and purchases from my blog friends. I love this wall. I can sit in my chair and stare at it.  Thank you, friends.
I'm very happy that it is finished. Except for the ceiling light. Hubby is going to put a better light up for me. One that will shine down on my work table. I didn't take a picture of my TV and DVD player on a shelf next to the closet because I hate electronics. It doesn't look bad though, just not very interesting.
NOW, I can get down to business! I signed up for Nancy Maxwell James'  "Heartstrings" online class and it starts Sunday! I can't wait! It's not too late to join! Go see her! She is one talented artist!  She'll be using a lot of Paper Whimsy products that are just fab-u-lous!
I still have the rest of my house to get put away too, but I got the important room done! lol.
What are you working on? I would love to hear about it. Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

Love,
Sonya

20 comments:

Susan said...

Sonya , you little craft room is adorable! You will adjust my friend.

Candy C said...

Sonya...your craft room is wonderful! It's so efficient and so clean! :) I'm jealous. It looks like you have utilized every inch of space! Love it! <3 Candy

sweet violets said...

Wow....it looks wonderful!!! You organized it very well and seem to have it mapped out just right~~as you start working in there, you will move things around again and again!!! I like all your personal touches, enjoy...hugs...cleo

artbywendy said...

I would have a hard time letting stuff go..especially craft and art stuff! You did a great job! It looks so organized!

Barbara Jean said...

Your new room looks great!!
Awesome job organizing it.

hugs
b

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Sonya ... Boy you have moved mountains in the last couple of weeks - well at least mountains of craft and mixed media items! Everything is looking so organized already and I am sure you will adjust in no time at all once you get started on your first project in your room. I am sure you will just love Nancy's new workshop. She is such a talent!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, congratulations, -your room is gorgeous and you got it so well organised with the many shelves, and places to put your things. Love you have 2 tables to work on- and the wall -Sonya I`m so proud to be there between all your beautiful pieces from art friends.
I would have loved being in dear Nancy`s class, but I have some classes I still did not work on, so no more for me just now.....
Happy week-end-
Hugs and love, Dorthe

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Your new rooms turned out beautiful Sonya and so functionel too. It´s SO hard to part with stuff due to no space. Uh - I know exactly what you mean.

Kate said...

Your room looks great! I love all that storage in the closet and on the wall. Enjoy it!

Tina Eudora said...

Oh Sonya don't cry, it all looks lovely and although you may have less room it is still lovely! I have to work out of my kitchen on my counter and my supplies are mostly stored in tubs as there is no room to have it all out, but many artists have worked and created beautiful masterpieces with much less than we have.
Have a wonderful and very creative day!
Tina xo

CinnamonLaine said...

Wow! It looks amazing - I'm so happy for you. One of these days I hope to find time to get mine organized like yours!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I simply love your art studio.
Wishes
Lynne

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Sonya:
You have really transformed the space and it does look exceptionally practical as well as inviting and interesting. Just the perfect kind of environment in which to work but also to be inspired.

Kasia said...

Girlie, this is some great planning and a show of ability where using space is concerned! I love your little nest and I cant wait to see what goodies come out of it! :D

Hugs,

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
I have tried posting a comment for two days...lets try again! You did a great job making the most of your studio space!! I can't wait to see it in person, my friend!! I hope you are getting all settled in the rest of the house too!! ;-)
Blessings & Hugs,
Cindy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
your studio looks wonderful and so organized.
Can't wait to see your creations you will do in Nancy's class.I'm sure you will have lots of fun and create beautiful pieces.Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope all is well.
Hugs my friend,
Marie

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sonya
your studio looks amazing and all so tidy! I know you will get comfortable with it soon!
If it makes you feel any better, in March 2010..I moved from a home where I had my own studio (the sun room) to a house 800 sq feet smaller. My studio is not in our living room - but when I look at the lake below...I remember why I moved here! :) Happy Unpacking!

Vicki said...

Just in time for your class! Looks great. I hope you enjoy it. You made great use of the space.

Miss Sandy said...

Wow you got a ton done in there and yes it was the most important room ;c)

Love your inspiration wall and all those delicious supplies, oh my! Have a great time enjoying the class.

Lululiz said...

Sonya, it may be smaller than the one you were used to, but it is perfect! It looks like a fabulous space to create in, everything is beautifully organised, and I am sure you just can't help being inspired when you are surrounded by all those lovely things.