Saturday, December 3, 2011

Some Ornaments and My Little Chef~

 Hello dear ones!  I wanted to share a couple of ornaments  today. This little girl with butterfly wings is from Nancy's 12 Days of Whimsy at Sugar Lump Studio using  Gale's Paper Whimsy images for each one.  If you haven't visited either one of these sites, you just gotta!  As of today, Nancy is on day 4 of the tutorials and did I mention that they are FREE!!? Yes, that's right, plus they will be posted for 6 months so you have plenty of time to work on these wonderful projects!
 Sorry about these photos having such bad lighting. It was dark outside by the time I got around taking the pics. :(  This looks so cute on my tree. Thank you, Nancy for the tutorials and thank you, Gale for the images!
 I have quite a few of these tarts tins left over from last year and thought I would work on a few of these. I either gave away or sold the ones I made last year and I really like the way these sparkle under the tree.
 I used German script for the background that I received from Marie at Lost Bird Studio (thank you!), a vintage earring, silver pipe cleaner,some German glitter on the edge of the tin, pearls from a broken rosary that I found at a garage sale, and a little charm that says "believe".

Next, I want to introduce to you, my new little Chef-in-training...
 The Fabulous Deacon! His Mommy bought him an apron and he wanted to help me make tacos! :)
He was pretty proud of getting to help Grandma cook dinner.  The tacos were great by the way!

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the anticipation of Christmas. Are you working on any crafts? I would love to hear from you.  

Thank you for visiting today and for your sweet comments!

Merry Christmas to you,
Sonya

I'm joining the Deck the Halls Sunday group at Artful Affirmations that Terri is hosting. Thank you, Terri! If you've never visited Terri, you MUST! She is so, so talented! And very sweet!

16 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Very pretty...and I love the tin around lights..very proper little chef if you ask me..so cute! Have a wonderful December Sonya! :D

Kasia said...

Oh girl those are some sweet decorations!!! :D Wonderful my talented friend! And your chef is one strapping young fellow! ;)

Hugs,

Vicki said...

Love the ornies! Deacon is so cute.

Lululiz said...

The butterfly girl ornament is so cute! I can imagine lots of them hanging on a tree, looking absolutely wonderful.
I am thoroughly enjoying her daily tutorials at the moment as well. Haven't had time to make any of them yet, but I will!

Miss Sandy said...

Beautiful ornaments and cute chef! Yes, I am crafting away at the Quill, ornaments, garland, and gifts galore!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
Beautiful ornaments! Adorable little chef, Deacon!! I need to get busy getting some ornaments done for gifts!
Blessings,
Cindy

Kate said...

Gorgeous job, Sonya! I love that glittery tart tin. Your chef is adorable. I am looking forward to when my boys get old enough to help me cook! You should take advantage of his eagarness to help you in the kitchen. I hear those stages pass quickly.
Kate

Barbara Jean said...

all so cute sweetie!!
Fun to cook with the little guy. =)

I sold aaaalll my tart tins at Vintage Marketplace, and now wish I had not. Seen so many cute things made out of them.

blessings
barbara jean

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, what a sweet little helper you have, it is so cosy, as long they wants to help ...
And the ornaments are all so sweet,I`m also in Nancy`s wonderful "classes" and love what she does.
Hugs, Dorthe

Terri said...

Hello Sonya! Your Paperwhimsy angel is fabulous! I was at Nancy's last week and saw hers in "person" and it is so lovely! Yours is too! What a fun project.
Your tin ornaments are fab too, I love doing this to tins, and your addition of vintage rhinestone jewelry is gorgeous!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Deck The Halls Sunday : )
Beautiful grandson! And he cooks too!
Hugs,
Terri

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Sony, I love both of your handmade ornaments and love the idea of using tart tins! I also love your blog and the cute snowmen you have made! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment.
Hugz,
Kim

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Oh and your grandson is so handsome, how nice that he already wants to help you cook!
Hugz,
Kim

Zaa said...

OMG ..Such sweetness... Love your little chef... and delightful button decorations... Thanks for sharing your seasonal creativity ....Hugs

Marcia said...

My, hat a talented and handsome chef. :) What a pleasure it must have been making that dinner together.
Your ornaments are gorgeous. Talk about talent.
I must give Terri a visit too.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Sonya I've just been admiring your gorgeous Christmas decorations. Nancy's tutorials are so beautiful! I love your sparkling little tart tins!
What a wonderful little helper in the kitchen wearing his new apron. I have just made my grand daughter one with the three little pigs - she is just into pigs at the moment!
Not sure if you have seen my Giveaway on my blog?
Hugs and thanks for sharing,
Suzy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Sonya,
Deacon just looks so cute with his new apron!
Love the ornaments you made - so very beautiful.TFS.Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Marie