Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Presents From Up North!

 Hello my dear friends!  Just had to share a package I received in the mail from up north! No, not the North Pole. But Canada! Yes, if you've visited before then you probably know where this package came from! My dear friend, Katherine at Chatelet! Just look at all the goodies!! Can you say, WOW!? I sure did when I opened the box!  I will warn you ahead of time, there are lots of pics. So I will try not to talk, I mean write too much.
 Deacon was pretty happy about it too! Because she sent him Spiderman gifts! His favorite! He said "Thank you, Katherine!". :)
 She sent me a LOT of sweets. Most of it I've never heard of before. These glazed gingerbread cookies are... I mean -were delicious! ;)
 Deacon latched onto these real quick!
 Ohhhh these are super duper yummy kids!
 Yes, I'm sure I will be needing to wear my stretch pants...real soon!
 I can't begin to tell you how yummy all of these sweets are!
 I won't be using these dominos for crafting! :)
 I wish I would have taken a pic of this when I opened it. It was beautiful. Did you get that? Was?
 I have never ate black currants in my life and these were fabulous!
 Oh and chocolate covered cherries! Mmmmm...
 These shortbread cookies are wonderful with tea.
 This present was wrapped so beautifully, I hated to mess it up.
 I love the color of these dominoes. They have that aged look that I love.
 Cute little lavender bag with...
 this adorable little wooden bear inside!
 Sissie is asking how this piece of cloth looks with her eyes. She thought it was hers.
 Katherine wraps her gifts so artistically. Lovely.
 She made this beautiful ornament that is now hanging on my tree.
 I love the sparkle in this jewel!
 I wish you could feel this paper! It is really thick like wallpaper. Love it. Tried to be careful when opening so I can use it in my crafts. I love the rose she made. And don't you love the rusted stars?
 Deacon wanted to help open it.
 Isn't this a gorgeous frame?  Oh I just love pearls and bling!
                                                    Close-up view...
                                          And this...
 Yes, she made this ornament too, which is also hanging on my tree of homemade ornaments. She made the flower too, of course! I don't know if she made the doily but it wouldn't surprise me! They are gorgeous!
 Guess what my New Year's resolution is going to have to be? ;) Notice the name on the box?
 Doesn't it make your mouth water? 
 Isn't this pretty with the deer cut-out in the center? Darn it, I forgot to load the picture of what was inside this bag! It is called Tahin Helvasi. I looked it up on line to see what the words meant-plus I wanted to know what I was eating. It was a very important dessert in Turkey during the Ottoman period.  It's a sesame paste that just melts in your mouth and my friends, it is so delicious!   I had my friends in my bible study group taste it and they just loved it too.
 A scrumptious chocolate Santa made in Germany. The chocolate is so smooth and creamy, it just melts in your mouth.
 He was broken from the shipping but it made him doubly delicious! ;)
                                      Beautifully wrapped once again...
 Look what Katherine made?  A beautiful altered perfume bottle!
 Isn't he the cutest snowman?  These photos do not do justice to this creation of hers!
                                        What's this?
                     Oh how I love glittered things! Don't you?
                                                Oh my....stars!
 Now...can you say "WOW" ?  Unbelievable, huh? Katherine, YOU are TOO generous and kind to me, dear girl! I am in sweet tooth heaven! Thank you SO much! You should have seen hubby's eyes when I showed him!
I had to take this pic of Deacon while he was watching a Christmas show. He looked like an angel (sitting still). :) 

Sorry about the long post but how could I leave anything out? Isn't Katherine the sweetest? Go visit her and tell her hi for me! And go ahead, tell her how much she spoils me!

How is YOUR Christmas holiday coming along? I have been SO busy as some of you know. That's why I haven't been posting much lately, and  I miss it! One reason is we sold our home! So it's been kind of crazy around here! Hopefully, by the end of next month things will be back to normal. I have a few packages that I am sending out to some of my blog friends and they probably won't make it in time for  Christmas! But know they WILL get sent out!  I have been thinking about you, my friends! I pray that you are all doing well.

Merry CHRISTmas to you all,
Love,
Sonya

8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

All I can say is...you must have been a very good girl this year! What a generous gift! :D

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Sonya:
You must be absolutely thrilled. This is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of goodies which, so obviously, have been chosen for you and packed with such care by Katherine. She really is, as you say, the kindest and most generous of people.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sonya~
Katherine has definitely spoiled you but what fun!! I am partial to all her pretty creations, especially since you ate all the sweets!! Thinking of you lots during your crazy time!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

WOW,Katherine really spoiled you big time
and you so desereve it,dear Sonya.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Miss Sandy said...

Wow what a delicious and delight haul! I hope you are enjoying the season in spite of the move. Deacon does look like a precious angel! Don't you love it when you can capture that just right moment in time when they are totally unaware? I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kasia said...

SO glad to see you happy! :) It was such a pleasure spoiling a dear friend! :)
Thank you for all the sweet words, always too kind!

Hugs,

Susan said...

Oh your friend did you good! What an awesome stack of gifts!

Dorthe said...

Oh my dear Sonya, what a fantastic and huge gift from your friend-- I can tell you are loved ,dear.
Beautiful creations, and yummy candy- all looks so tasty.
I love the altered perfume bottle, and the christmas charm--you must be feeling the joy of christmas already .
I send you wishes for happy hours this coming week.
Hugs,Dorthe