Monday, December 19, 2011

Blessings From My Blog Friends~

Hello dear ones!  I couldn't wait to share my wonderful gifts I received in the mail yesterday. I checked the mail before I went shopping and wanted to wait til I got home so I could take photos. Do you know how hard that was not to open them?
The first thing I opened was this lovely Christmas tag that my friend, Marie at Lost Bird Studio sent me! Do you know her? Go visit this sweet talented gal! I admire her creations so much. I love this image of these little angels. Can you see the glitter too?
Thank you, dear Marie! Merry Christmas to you too!
The next was a package from sweet Sandy at Quill Cottage.  You must go visit her too! She is such a gifted artist AND writer! You will love her and her blog.
If you've visited her before, you know that she recently had a giveaway and she giving these beautiful tags that she created just by using her scraps in her studio! Wow, huh?
I love all the textures and layers. Just beautiful.


This is the back of the tag. Don't you love embossed paper?
I had to take quite a few photos because I wanted you to be able to appreciate how beautiful this is.
                                          Back of the gift tag.

She used this wallpaper for the gift wrapping. See the texture and embossing? Oh, I want this on my walls!!
When I opened this, I just about started to cry! It so, so beautiful!
She burnt the words, "Pocket Full of Dreams" in the wood.


There are pockets behind the front piece of the artwork.
                                    So creative, isn't she?
Sandy used a piece of rusted barbed-wire for the branch that the birdie is sitting on. Isn't that wonderful?

                                                    I love embroidery work!





                                                           Real pods!

This is so beautiful, Sandy, I am in awe. I showed it to my husband and he said," It's really beautiful, isn't it?" For him to say that is a REAL compliment! :) When we move into our new home, this will hang in my living room. It goes perfectly. Thank you so much! 

I don't know what's going on with blogger again but all of a sudden it's turning my photos sideways. I tried to fix them like I use to but it isn't working. Ok, blogger, FIX it! Thank you.-.- For that reason I couldn't share some of the photos.

Thank you for visiting today and letting me share my special gifts from my dear blogger friends, Marie and Sandy. Go visit their blogs and tell them how wonderful they are! :) I pray that YOU all have a very blessed Christmas.

Love,
Sonya

9 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Bloggers are such generous souls!

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful gifts!
Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2012!

Hugs,
Gaby

Kelly_Deal said...

How beautiful and generous! Merry Christmas!

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, you are loved- such beautiful gifts you recieved. And the win fron dear Sandy, is the most gorgeous piece. I so admired it when Sandy showed it on her blog- it is really something so very special, and fabolous- Congratulations with winning ít sweet friend.

Hugs, and happy christmas to you.
Dorthe

Miss Sandy said...

Awww sweetie, I am so glad the gift arrived in tact and at the right address! And I am thrilled that you like the artwork. The barbed wire it a little piece of our dear little farm. I am glad it has found such an honored home. I will show my piece from you very very soon!

Susan said...

What wonderful gifts from your blogger friends!

Fabric Art said...

Dear Sonya all the gifts from your friends are so wonderful, my friend I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs Anni

Barbara Jean said...

amazing treasures! especially LOVE the pocket piece

Blessings to you and your family

barbara jean

Kasia said...

These are such stunning works my friend! Oh arent you lucky? Lovely! Cindy is indeed such a talented gal! She really did make your Christmas special!

Hugs,