Saturday, September 3, 2011

~Thinking about Christmas~

 Hello my friends.  I want to thank you for all of your kind words and prayers for my family this week. It really meant a lot to me and especially to my daughter.

I've been working on domino ornaments the last couple of days. I can't show you all of them because I'm waiting for my order of alcohol ink to arrive.   I can't wait til it gets here! This first photo isn't of an ornament but a magnet. The word "Faith" was in the way for me to drill a hole into the domino-so it became a magnet. :) I added a little rhinestone on the front of it too. 
 I found some really cute retro images on Etsy but this is the only one of them that I will show you for this post. The others are getting the new alcohol ink (as soon as it arrives).

 Some of the dominoes, I glued some rhinestones in the holes. I think the lights of the Christmas tree will really make them sparkle.
 I love this image on this domino. I glued some gold tinsel around the edges after I inked the whole thing with "latte" alcohol ink.  Added some glass pearls to the top with a little lace.
 I outlined the image with ice stickles in "gold ice".
 I outlined this image with stickles too.  
 More bling on the back for some added sparkle.
 This one has nothing to do with Christmas but thought I would share it anyway. I made this magnet for my friend, Debbie. She has a granddaughter named Kiera and this little girl looks JUST like her! I got this image form Paper Whimsy-which you know I love!  Debbie's granddaughter loves to sing so...that's what I put on the magnet!  You should see this one in real life-well, you should see all of them in real life. The photos don't do them justice. The colors are more vibrant. And this domino looks so vintage-I just love it! I'm going to have to make one for me, now!
Well, stay tuned. Because as soon as I can I'll be posting more! I will be placing them in my shop. Dont' know what to get someone for Christmas? Limited budget? They have everything? Well...get them domino ornaments or magnets or...necklaces! I will be posting them in my shop, shortly, if interested.

I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend, dear friends. What did you do this weekend? Anything fun? Crafting, garage sales, antiquing, camping...? I would love to hear! Whatever it is, please stay safe.

Many blessings and hugs,
Sonya

10 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya,
I went straight in christmas spirit seing your sweet dominoes- they will be sparkly and lovely on the tree.
I love the ones in soft colors,too-the one for your friend- is beautiful.
Hugs,Dorthe

Kasia said...

Soooooooooooooooooo beautiful all of them!!!!
I love the one ,,pray,,
My sweet talented friend! Debbie will love it!
Hugs

Tina Eudora said...

Just beautiful Sonya! I love those little miniature works of art!
I haven't done anything with my dominoes yet but I am planning to create something with them that would make lovely Christmas gifts for friends and family.
Thanks again for all the inspiration, it is always such a pleasure to drop by your lovely blog!
Have a blessed Sunday...
Tina xo

T's Daily Treasures said...

Dear Sonya, so sorry to read about the loss of your son-in-law last year. He was such a handsome man and sounds like he was a great guy. This past year surely was hard for your daughter but I know she had your love and support to see her through.

You are constantly making such lovely magnets, collages, necklaces and ornaments. How fun to see that you were able to visit Barbara Jean's place again.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Fabric Art said...

Sonya what a fantastic idea to use dominos for christmas ornaments, they are all so beautifully made, have a nice week.
Hugs Anni

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Sonya,
just catching up on you. The dominoes are absolutely beautiful and a wonderful idea to use them as ornaments!!Have a wonderful Labor Day.
Sending hugs,
Marie

Barbara Jean said...

sweet, sweet, sweeet!!
Love them with the rhinestones on the back. =)

blessings sweet friend.

barbara jean

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...I really love your work Sonya, it is exactly what I love! You are just amazing! :D

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful domino ornaments Sonya! Love them all. Have fun playiong with the alcohol inks. Its addicting!
hugs Lynn

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh these are totally precious, Sonya!! I love working with dominos...they are so fun. Sending (((hugs))) to you...and also, I will be featuring people on my new blog and of course, you will be one of them!!! I thought I would do it once a week as a surprise!