Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mixed Media Collage and Photos

 Good morning, friends! I just had to take a photo of the sun coming up over the hill this morning. Remember to thank God for it. I stepped outside to take it and oh...the smell of Fall is in the air. After taking photos of the sunflowers and the little birds the other day it inspired me to make this...
 This was so fun to make. I used old book papers, music paper and a piece of paper with french writing on it for the background. I also used acrylics, charcoal and ink. I wanted to sit a bird in the pot but couldn't find the right one. Maybe I will later.


 I'm SO glad that you can double click on the photos again!
I found this darling photo at an antique store and had to have it and I wanted to share it with you. The back of it was written on. The little boy and girl are named Harold and Genevieve Russell and written beside their names it said "deceased". Children of John Russell, brother of Emma Russell-Davenport. It also has the name and address of Mrs. Markert Russell, 623 West Main St., Cherokee, GA. I wonder if there are any family members left? If I was part of this family, I would want this photo, wouldn't you?

Thank you for visiting today. If any of you know, Katherine at Chatelet, please pray for her as she has been very sick. Have a wonderful weekend, dear friends.

Blessings and love,
Sonya

14 comments:

Fabric Art said...

Dear Sonya your photo of the sun coming up over the hill is fantastic and so is your collage, sun flowers are one of my favorite flowers, great background, sweet photo of the boy and girl.
Hugs Anni

Julie Harward said...

I too am loving Fall covering my part of the world too...LOVE your creations, so pretty! :D

Tina Eudora said...

I love the artwork Sonya and yes a little bird would look so fabulous sitting there!
I would definitely want to have the photo if it were one of my relatives, I am HUGE on family memorabilia.
I am sending prayers Katherine's way right now and will keep her in my daily prayers!
Have a happy weekend Sonya...
Tina xo

Kathy Ellen said...

What a blessing it must have been, in the silence of a new morning, to see such a beautiful and glorious sunrise. Thank you so much for sharing it with us today.

Your sunflower pot is really sweet, and I love the antique photo of the two little girls. Isn't it just beautiful!

Kasia said...

Oh dear Sonya, thank you so much for these sweet words!!! They made me so happy!
I adore that collage you made! So full of Fall feel! And the picture describes the mood SO well!
Im better now, a bit sleepy but thank Goodness no pain! How could anyone be sick with a friend like you around? :)
And thank you Tina for the sweet comment! ^.^

many many hugs!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
What a beautiful piece you have created--pure magic! and I love that photo...I wish that there was a way to find if they have family still living...wouldn't that be amazing? Sending (((hugs))) your way,
Love,
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

I am so sorry to hear that your good friend has been sick...I sure hope she will be well soon. xo

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Sonya:
We have discovered your most beautiful blog via Katherine at Chatelet.

We were entranced by all the very pretty things you had sent to her, in particular all the handmade items that you had created for her personally. So generous, so carefully chosen and such a creative talent behind their construction.

And so, we can now see on your own blog just what a highly creative and talented person you are. We love your sunflower in its pot and the way you have given it such a golden glow, just like autumn.

2amscrapper said...

lovely art! I often wonder that about the photos I come across.

Barbara Jean said...

sweet sunflower.

are you using old blogger? I noticed your pics enlarge. on new blogger they take you to different screen and they do not enlarge.

thanks

hugs and blessings

barb

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sonya
your mixed media sunflower is amazing! what a gorgeous piece you have created! I also love the sweet cabinet photo. Love seeing the names when someone has taken the time to write them on the back - makes the connection even better. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Rebecca said...

Sweet words on this precious card that took me to a welcomed place of peace.

Love it my talented friend.

xo~Rebecca

Ana Márquez said...

What a wonderful blog! Congrats! :-) Hugs from Spain!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is very beautiful! And thanks for mentioning Katherine...she's a special friend of mine, too! ♥