Saturday, September 17, 2011

~Kindred Spirits~

 Hello sweet friends! Happy Pink Saturday to you! Remember I told you that I had signed up for a class called "Roses On My Table"? That's where I took the "addicting" domino class? :) Well, they recently started a group called "Kindred Spirits" that consist of a bunch of us women giving encouragement to other members. Whether it is sickness, or loss of loved one or any other tragedy we are there to give some loving support. One member who lives in Puerto Rico recently lost all of her art supplies from a major flood. So members that felt like they wanted to help in some way, sent gift money to Christina Zinnia Galliher (she is the one who runs Roses On My Table)and she was able to send her a certificate for $525 for Dick Blick art supplies! Isn't that fabulous? She was overwhelmed! And it felt good to help someone out. Now there is another member that has been ill and must have surgery Tuesday to have a kidney removed! So a bunch of us decided to each make her an arch shaped page (constructed out of chipboard) with some encouraging words on it and something pretty that she would love. We will send our pages to Zinnia (who is also one of the art instructors and leaders of the Artful Gathering 2011) and she will make them into a book and then send it on to her. This member loves arch shaped pages and Marie Antoinette. So one side I made it with a pocket with a little...  
 Marie Antoinette tag!


 I had to add a sparkly butterfly.
 This is the other side of the arch page.



I sure hope she likes it. :)

I'm linking up with sweet Beverly at How Sweet The Sound. If you want to see some pretty pink things go see her and click on the little boxes of all who entered  "Pink Saturday".

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very much appreciated.

Blessings,
Sonya

17 comments:

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Hi Sonya, That is wonderful, all that Zinnia does for everyone. I need to get over to Roses and do my part but I'm way behind. I did help with the donation but I haven't had chance to get back and I'm a member, ugh, I'm soo behind,thanks for posting the news on the latest need. I have been out of blogging expect for my quick PS post. Hugs and Happy Pink Saturday to you.

Kasia said...

This is lovely lovely work! I could have known that you belong to such a throughtful group! :) This is stunning and the lady will absolutely love it! But she'll love your thoughtfulness and good hearts the most!
Youre too sweet my dear! Thank you for being such an inspiration!

Hugs,

Barbara Jean said...

Sweet. Pink. And adorably lovely!!
I love it Sonya!!

blessings
barbara jean

Micupoftea~ said...

Hello SOnya~ She will be touched...what a nice thing to do! PRETTY details on your card. Happy PS~
shawn

Lululiz said...

Sonya, the support group sounds amazing. It really is heartwarming to know that there is so much goodness still in this world.
The gifts you are all making are going to be treasured by the recipient, thats for sure. Your page is really lovely and contains such sweet details.

Jenny's Heart said...

What lovely gifts.
Wow what a great group to minister to those who need a friend.
Lovely!

Libertybelle said...

What a lovely group you are to support people who need help. I love the pink card.
X Margaret

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, your arch pieces are so beautiful, such a wonderful thing to do--I have not been at Roses for a long time- -working hard in my shop- but the recipient will be ever so happy, for the beautiful creations-and the thoughtfulness.
Hugs,Dorthe

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Everything is so beautiful! Love it. Thanks for popping in for a visit at TheDedicatedHouse and your sweet comment. Toodles, Kathryn

Lorraine said...

How lovely, and what a wonderful support group you have. Happy PS!

Vicki said...

She will love it! It is beautiful, Sonya. What a wonderful way to lift someone up. I need to get over to Roses and do my art class that I won. I'm hoping to take a day off this week and play in the studio all day.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
she will just love it - so very beautiful!
The group sounds wonderful too.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Marilyn said...

Hi Sonya,
This is a very beautiful piece. I love your layers and colors. The fact that it is from your heart and for a wonderful cause makes it especially beautiful!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sonya
your arch is just gorgeous! it has so many beautiful details and layers! lovely work! What a wonderful gift! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lynn Stevens said...

How darling and what a kind and generous gift. Your group is amazing!!!
hugs Lynn

susie said...

Oh what a blessing your art & words of inspiration will be for your friend...your group sounds incredible. What a loving & positive way to help create change & positive energy for someone who needs it the most!!!
Thanks for stopping by & leaving your kind words for me on my terrible copy & paste debacle...lol! It meant the world to me!
Have a fun day friend,
Hugs,
Susie

Leann said...

Hi Sonya sounds like a loving group of women. Love your arch - I"m sure that she'll love it.

I noticed that you were our latest follower and wanted to follow you right back. I think that we are going to be fast friends.

Leann