Thursday, September 22, 2011

Before and After

Hello dear friends! I thought I would share a few before and after shots of the front of our house and a few things that are growing in our yard!

This the wonderful muddy mess before. We had to dig up all the sprinkler system as "someone" had poked holes in quite a few of the pipes. It looked like pitch fork holes.
Isn't it lovely?
The shrubs WILL get bigger. But it is definitely low maintenance now. If we were staying here I would add more flowers and a little tree on the right corner. 
     We now working on the backyard.
The sunflowers are from the seeds that I feed the birds. I let them grow for the bees.
               Rose of Sharon.
Sweet cherry tomatoes! Yum! See Sissie? She loves to smell them!
A little rose that was given to me by my Step-Mom. I love it and it will keep moving with me.
Another rose that I bought last summer and it blooms ALL summer until we get our first frost. I love it.
          Black-eyed Susan.
 A pretty "Stella" Lilly that smells divine.
They love the sunflower seeds...
She is sitting there patiently waiting her turn.
I leave you with a pretty a pretty setting sun. The colors remind me of Fall.

I hope you are enjoying your changing season. Are you busy crafting for the Holidays? I would love to hear about it.

Blessings,
Sonya

6 comments:

Lululiz said...

What lovely photographs of your garden, and those birds crowding round your birdfeeder, so sweet.

Julie Harward said...

What a nice home and all the work in the front yard looks really good. Love the little birds and all the flowers! :D

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful!!!

hugs and blessings
barb

Junk Fairy said...

Sonya, your garden looks aaammmazzzing! Love all your birdie friends and flowers. Thanks for entering my giveaway! Tell your friends.
XO

Candy C said...

Sonya, your home is lovely. And all of your beautiful flowers in the back yard...how can you stand to leave? But I guess flowers can always be planted again, huh? I love the improvements to your front yard. It looks so clean and well kept. That is what I call "curb appeal"!! <3 Candy

Kasia said...

Your home is SO pretty and youre right, it IS big!!! I love your garden, so many colorful flowers and the rose you have is stunning, just like you! :) It is lovely around your homey home, and the pic at the end is superb! :) Now I know where my sweet girlie friend lives!:P

Hugs,