Wednesday, August 3, 2011

White Wedding Wednesday~

 Hello my dear friends! I finally got to play in my studio for awhile! It felt good to get back to getting glue on my fingers and to use my sewing machine. I have been very busy! But last night I finally finished this little collage that will be a wedding present for my niece, Ashlee and her husband to be, Joel. I hope they like it! I took this photo off there wedding website (I hope they don't mind). They were on the beach. That's where they're getting married this Saturday. The collage says "mine 4 life".

 One of my numbers I found at a garage sale.
 I was going to glue the rhinestones onto the key but decided to try the solder. And instead of using the soldering iron, I decided to use a flame! Wow, that was kind of scary but I did it! Now, I want to try it again!


You can double click on the photos to see them better. I thought I downloaded a close-up pic of the bird too but I guess I didn't.

What have you been up to? Any creating? Vacations? Gardening? I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by and for your comments.

I'm linking up with Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!



18 comments:

Kasia said...

This is really beautiful!!!!!!! I just know they'll love it! :D The key and the writing and oh, everything is lovely! Good job on the soldering with flame my brave friend! :)

Hugs,

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, it is so beautiful- and gives me the idea, to make something like it ,as I`m going to my niece`s wedding this saturday :)
such a lovely collage .
Great done with the flame- I want to have one too :))
Hugs,Dorthe

Createology said...

Your collage is an heirloom they will treasure for many years to come. Happy wedding weekend...

Barbara Jean said...

sweet girl!!
love that layout on this.

what have i been doing?? making a few lace bags. Have several cone, but stuck on the trim. guess it will come together when it is supposed too. in the mean time, I enjoy looking at all that lace. =)

blessings
bj

Libertybelle said...

I love the collage- I'm sure the happy couple will love it! It must be the time for niece's to get married- mine gets married next week and I have made her a patchwork quilt.
XMargaret

Kathy said...

The collage is lovely, it will make a great gift for that special couple. I am coming over from White Wednesday. Kathy

mercedes scott said...

This is so beautiful... your niece will certainly treasure it! I love how your key turned out!

Nancy said...

Beautiful work! I love that key!

Nancy

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautiful gift. Your work is lovely.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
your collage came out beautifully and I'm sure they will love it!!Love the key:)Great job on the soldering.Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Gypsy Heart said...

You are very talented! This is such a special memento for them...great job. Thanks for stopping by to see me ~ I really appreciate it.

I'm a new follower and look forward to more of your creations.

xo
Pat

Fabric Art said...

Dear Sonya your collage is so beautiful and very romantic, love the key and the little heart.
Hugs Anni

Carol said...

Sonya,
They will treasure this beautiful gift forever! It's an inspiration.

Mildred said...

Hi Sonya, Anyone would be honored to receive this very delicate handiwork. It is gorgeous! I'm taking a short break but hope to be back soon. Have a great weekend.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
what a gorgeous collage piece! the photo is just stunning and you have embellished it with gorgeous details! beautiful work!

T's Daily Treasures said...

That is a gorgeous collage Sonya! Your niece and hubby will treasure it for sure. Best wishes to you and yours, Tammy

Gaby Bee said...

I've been on holiday and have loved seeing all your art now that I'm back.
This collage piece is awesome, Sonya! I'm sure they will treasure it forever!

Have a lovely week!
Gaby xo

Miss Sandy said...

Gorgeous and so personal, they will LOVE it! I am STILL on the bathroom remodel, paint, paint, and more paint. I can see an end in site though. Have a happy day!