Saturday, August 13, 2011

~Best Friends~

 Hello again, my friends.  I made this 5.5 x 9 inch collage out of a book cover. I glued (with matte medium) french scripted tissue over the book cover, both sides. Then I painted with acrylic yellow ochre over the whole thing. I love the image of these two ladies. They look like they are having such a good time. They seemed to be wearing feathers in their hats so I had to apply the real thing!


 Best friends...I'm sure they are. Do you have a best friend? 
 I thought this brooch was unusual looking but pretty. Of course, more feathers!
Well, here it is! I  hope you like it. Double click and you can see it better.

What are you doing today? Any creating? I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comments too.

Love~

Sonya

7 comments:

Susan said...

Very pretty~

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Sonya, Love all the little details, really adds the perfect finishing touches!
hugs Lynn

Kasia said...

This is gorgeous! I love those colours and the picture reminds me of the move Green Fried Tomatoes! What a lovely friendship! :) Have you seen it? I love the detail and everything matches and looks so lovely! The brooch is amazing! Well my talented friend, another treasure!
Have a sweet, happy, creative day!

Hugs,

Libertybelle said...

I love this collage- the elements go so well together- they really do look like they are great friends!
XMargaret

donna!ee said...

excellent collage. love the colors & content & textures. thank you much for sharing :)

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya- this is so beautiful----
image,flowers, wonderful ribbons, and the elegant brooch- and ofcourse they needed the feathers, the two sweet friends.
Love the pictures from your beach tour with your family--how bad you missed the wedding!
Happy week-end.
Hugs,Dorthe

Robin said...

Beautiful piece Sonya, and that broach is an absolutely stunning addition. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin