Monday, August 15, 2011

~Artful Gathering Class~

 Well, here it is friends...my creation from the Artful Gathering Class I took. I really wanted to learn how to do the weave on the bottom. I need to keep working at it. Some of the students in this class have created some awesome pieces!
 The outline of the image is from a cover of an old book.
 I love this picture. Double click and you can see up close. Up on the left hand corner I put the word "dramatic" cut off the book itself. I thought the girl looked rather dramatic. And then below that...
I put the words, "How can I wait so long". 
I had a lot of fun taking this class. There were many others offered but the class is only opened for a  limited time, so I only signed up for one. It ends the 27th so it's probably a good thing I only signed up for one. So many wonderful artists teaching!  Nancy Maxwell James had one too. I wanted to take her class too but maybe she will offer it again! :)

If you've thought of taking an online class...do it! It's so much fun learning new techniques and expanding your creating field.

Thanks again for stopping by dear ones. I hope your week is fabulously creative!

Love,
Sonya

15 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Beautiful...where do you find such covers of books? I loved the friends one too. :D

Vicki said...

It is beautiful, Sonya. I plan to work on my this weekend. I have my centerpiece done. Need to watch the video on weaving and get her done!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

gorgeous!!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely beautiful,dear Sonya!!!
Hugs,
Marie

Kasia said...

Well, my dear student, I ever doubted that you would do an awesome job! This is wonderful! As all your works are! :)
Have a wonderful evening, thees gonna be a storm out here! >:D

Hugs,

Karen Valentine said...

Really lovely Sonya! Isn't so much fun to learn new techniques??? Have a great week my friend!
xo,
Karen

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Beautiful creation Sonya - love the colors in this.

The English Romantic said...

So very beautiful Sonya, she has such a far away look. I'm doing an online class and am loving every minute.
Hugs, Angela.

Fabric Art said...

Oh Sonya your collage from Joanna's class is wonderful, love the image and the weaving at the bottom, it's always fun to learn something new.
Hugs Anni

Dorthe said...

Sonya, it is gorgeus, I so love your colors, and yhe added sticks are great, a beautiful piece of art, dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Barbara Jean said...

Hey girl! How are you??

Missed you this weekend at Vintage Marketplace.
It was great!!! We are having such a good response and it was only our 2nd one!

Looks like you were busy playing. Wonderful collage. Love the girl. Such a sweet look.

Sending you an email.

hugs
barb

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Sonya, looks like a wonderful class!
hugs Lynn

Candy C said...

Sonya...this is absolutely beautiful! I totally love it! Was that a local class that you took or an online class? It's just breathtaking. Your work is always so wonderful..this is no exception. Don't you love the picture of Maude Fealy? She was such a beautiful actress. <3 Candy

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is totally gorgeous, Sonya. I love it!!
XO
Cindy

Ella said...

I love it; so beautiful! I so need to work on my this evening~ When my house is quiet! So glad you shared; I feel inspired again :D