Wednesday, August 17, 2011

~And Under His Wings~

 God is our shelter, a refuge when we are afraid. We need to trade all our fears for faith in Him, no matter how BIG our fears are. To do this we need to "dwell" and "rest" with Him. That is easier said than done, sometimes, isn't it? By entrusting ourselves to His protection and pledging our daily devotion to Him, we WILL be kept safe.
I had these rusted pieces for awhile now. As I looked at them I could see the key looked kind of like a bird head and the drawer pull (thingy) looked like wings. Well, they do to me. :) Next thing you know, I'm thinking about the verse in Psalms 91:4.
 I put a crown on Him because the Lord wears the biggest one there is! For the background of this piece I mod podged old hymnals and let the title of one of them show through, "Abide With Me".
 This represents us, enclosed in the safety of His arms.I put some clothes on her.
 "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."  ~Psalms 91:4~
My husband was scratching his head with this one. :) I hope some of you "get it". Most of all I'm praying that you are dwelling and resting in the Lord.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Please feel free to leave a comment, they are always welcome, my friends. If you are too shy, I have an email button that you can click on and it will go right to my email.

Blessings and love,

Sonya

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Beautiful work and I do get it. Fear and faith cannot exist at the same time...I chose faith. :D

Kasia said...

Oh Sonya, I think its lovely! Philosophical and the collage is so throughtful! Of course, before reading, I double clicked on the picture and I thought it looked like a bird, then I read your post and it was! :D Awesome! I love the rusty touch and the doll! I saw these dolls in a store once, some missing arms and legs. I thought they were great, but it was only a prop for the store! :) I believe people like you walk around within those wings always :) Really beautiful!

Have a lovely day my friend! Hugs,

Robin said...

It's beautiful Sonya! Great sentiment too!

Hugs,
Robin

Candy C said...

Hi Sonya. I love your canvas. I am glad that you explained your thought process in creating it...that really made it make perfect sense to me. I do love the sentiment and the meaning behind it and yes, I choose faith and God's promises as well. I think you did a beautiful job. :) <3 Candy

Dorthe said...

Sonya, your bird is wonderful, and the sentiments behind- so true--
I love what you did.
Hugs,Dorthe

Vicki said...

Sonya I love the verse behind this piece and your interpretation here with your found objects.

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sonya....no explanation needed!!! Your artwork is just GORGEOUS!!! I love each and every element ~ and I so love the verse you featured sweet friend....hugs and love, Dawn

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
beautifully done - love it!!
Have a wonderful day my friend.
Hugs,
Marie

donna!ee said...

hiya sonya. gorgeous beautiful art AND exceptional message of God's love! thank you so much for sharing :)

BeautifulDees said...

What a lovely statement...I love how we all add our own uniqeness to life. I love it....thank you for sharing it.
Love,Debbie:)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Very creative and thoughtful...good eye for seeing the bird before it was all put together! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment today!

Fabric Art said...

Wonderful bird piece Sonya, love it.
Anni

Miss Sandy said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this piece!!! Is it for sale? It made my heart leap, that is one of my favorite verses. Tell hubby to scratch away, the symbolism in this piece of art is so inspiring and personal. It is a perfect depiction of Gods' loving care for us. Thank you for the inspiring message of this post, it made my morning!

Anonymous said...

Sonya this is beautiful. I love birds, a specially the Robins.So I appreciate this piece of yours. I have a feeding place in my garden for the birds and as I watched them feeding their babies and protecting them from bigger birds I can agree with Ps 91v4. Yeshua will protect us as we feed and take shelter in Him, His Word. O praise Him for creativity, in human and in nature. rêve garden