Friday, June 24, 2011

Sick of Dominoes yet?

Hello dear friends! My friend Katherine @Chatelet gave me a great idea for displaying my magnets. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money so she suggested a cookies sheet! Yeah! Great idea. I put the dominoes and scrabble pieces on it and I thought...I'm going to cover that ugly cookie sheet up! I can't use it again for baking but that's okay! I used this french themed tissue paper to cover it.


I painted Mod Podge all over the sheet and then layed the tissue over it and painted another layer over that. Then let it dry.


I'm using this for a stand because with the magnets on the sheet it gets pretty heavy.


Ta dah! It looks pretty cute. I think.

It works pretty good, don't you think? Thanks for the idea, Katherine! ;) Now...are you ready to see more dominoes? I made more scrabble pieces too but they have the same images as before. I didn't want to bore you too much.


I made a LOT of bird ones! :o) You can never have too many of those.


Any Jane Austen fans? Well, I am!





Aren't these birds just adorable?








The word "selah" means to pause and think. It's in the bible, a lot.

I love butterflies and photos of little children too.










I made these two into necklaces.


I thought this one would make a cute necklace. I added some stars, silver rings and a pearl and bead.

Well...this one is kind of over the top. Go ahead. You can say it too. :) My husband just smiled at this one. I just loved this button face and had to put add it on a domino. And a fleur-de-lis (which I love) and some bling! And that wasn't enough so I added a heart, a couple pearls and a key! Yeah. It's over the top. Double click on photos if you want.



I think this lady is so pretty. She looks like she's daydreaming. And a few more thingies, an angel wing, the word-hope, a black and a clear bead.


Well, that's it my dearies! I hope you liked them! I hope the people at the show will like them too! :) Which one or ones do you like the best?


What are you doing tomorrow? Will you be out enjoying the sun? I wanted to go garage selling sooo bad today! Is it selling or saling? Saling doesn't look right. But I had too much to do getting ready for tomorrow. But that's okay-there's always next week, right?


Thanks for visiting and please don't be shy about leaving comments! I love them! And I always try to respond to each one! That's the least I can do.


Blessings and love,


Sonya

17 comments:

Kathy said...

These are truly gorgeous! What a clever idea for display - you did a terrific job!
Kathy

sweet violets said...

OMG....these are over the top girl!!!! I assume you are doing a craft show??? I have seen others use the cookie sheet also, great idea to cover it with the French paper!!! My favorites are the ones with the little birds....and the necklace with the half moon.....oh, good luck to you....these are going to fly right out of there!! hugs...cleo

T's Daily Treasures said...

How do you find such small images and quotations that fit so perfectly on such a tiny space? they are all so absolutely beautiful? You would never even know they are scrabble pieces or dominoes in a former life. How do you do that? Just beautiful! I am sure they will sell like hotcakes. Best wishes, Tammy

Mieke'S said...

Very creative! Beautiful!

Fabric Art said...

Oh Sonya what a fantastic idea to displaying your domino magnets on, all your dominos are wonderful but oh I love the one with button face and bling. Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Anni

donna!ee said...

wow girlie...these are ALL exceptionally beautiful...your creativity & skills are "over the top"!!! blest be :)

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Sonya ~
Those are all wonderful and I love your display! What a cool idea!!

Tina Eudora said...

Sonya that is the most amazing idea for a display for your magnets! And NO I am not sick of seeing those awesome dominoes!! Do you have a tutorial on how you make them? I would love to try to make a few for a craft show I may be attending in August and I was hoping to add a few jewelery items to the mix. These would be perfect!
Hugs!
Tina xo

Kasia said...

That is just gorgeous!!!!! NOTHING is over the top, they are all fantastic! I love the birdies, children butterflies... damn, everyhting! I love what you did to the cookie sheet, you'll probably end up selling it too! :)

Thanks so much for the shout out and sharing this and good luck!!!!

Hugs,

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh...totalleeeeeee fabuloso! What a rockin'-out-great-idea! LOVE IT!

Happy Pink Saturday sweet S!

xoRebecca

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Hi Sonya! What wonderful projects! It's hard to pick a favorite! I like the Jane Austen magnets, and also the jewelry! I'm sure you'll sell out! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Sherrie said...

Love it! Where did you find the french tissue paper? I can think of so many uses for it.
Your dominoes are never boring! Just gorgeous!

Lynn Stevens said...

Sonya What a wonderful way to display your dominoes and tiles and a fun tray after you sell them all! Again can't possibly pick a favorite.
hugs Lynn

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
they are all just gorgeous!!!The display for the dominoes is wonderful.Have a great Sundday.
Hugs,
Marie

Lululiz said...

The baking tray is a great idea for displaying your magnets, and it does look so pretty with the tissue paper.I can't believe how many dominoes you have made, and each and every one is so pretty!

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya,-no I don`t get tired of your beautiful dominoes--just want to make more myself -also :))
You have so many different items, they are gorgeus, and the display idea, are great.
Hugs,Dorthe

Barbara Jean said...

I'm just browsing down memory lane girl
VM photos on other posts, your lovely pieces here.
Wishing we had some of these for our Spring sale....

We continue in prayer for your family, and especially Mel.

love you sweetie

b