Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fork Placecard Holders~

Hello again, my friends! I got two fork placecard holders made up. That's all the forks I had. Well, I do have my set in the kitchen but...I don't think I want to use those! The first one is bird themed. Of course. :) Double click on photos if you want.

I made the little nest with 20 gauge wire and some egg shaped pearls. Then I found a little bird in my stash and I had to add him. Then I wrapped some more pearls around the handle. I secured the wire and nest with E6000 glue.


This next one I used a vintage earring and more wire and some silver beads. Usually I cut of the back of the earring but I felt like this one would have more support with it left on. Again, I used E6000 glue.

This is Mr. Pouty Pants! Aawww! Don't you feel sorry for him? I wouldn't let him play with my camera so he gave me this face! ;) I told him I was going to take his picture. He didn't care.


Well, what do you have planned for Father's Day? We won't be going anywhere as my hubby is still sick but I hope you enjoy your day.


Thanks for visiting dear friends and leaving comments. I love hearing from you!


Blessings and hugs,


Sonya

10 comments:

Kasia said...

Hey you! Look at those wonderful forks! A great idea indeed! I LOVE both, anything you make is great!!! And I adore how you have this thing for putting stuff together! I could totally eat with those! Thats how awesome they are! And Mr. pouty is SO funny! LOL adorkable! ^.^

Hugs to you!

Betsy said...

These are just too cute and I love the way you embellished them. I know it's not easy getting those forks to balance. Hope this didn't post twice...

Vicki said...

Love the way these turned out Sonya. Look at Deacon being all pouty. I bet he was running around making car noises five minutes later! Hope hubby is well again soon.

Trisha said...

Both of them turned out so wonderful! What a fantastic idea! Hope you had a great day!

~Trisha

Junk Fairy said...

A very creative way to use a fork. Hope your hubby had a nice Father's Day! Mr. Pouty will laugh when he gets older!!LOL! Have a great week.
Hugs,
Eloise

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
Oh how purely gorgeous, my friend! And Mr. Pouty is adorable! I sure hope that your hubby feels better...and I hope he had a Happy Father's Day.
XO
Cindy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
your forks turned out beautifully!! Love the one with the nest.Poor Deacon,did he loughed when you showed him the pic.? Hope you hubby will get well soon.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

The English Romantic said...

Hey Sonya,
Those forks are great, what a fab idea.
Hope your hubby feels better soon.
thganks for your visits and your lovely comments.
Hugs, Angela.x

Rebecca said...

These really turned out great Sonya and I love the little nest with the egg shaped pearls. Very cute.
Ha, cute picture he is going to trip on that little lip of his. How sweet.
Hope your hubby feels better soon
Blessings
Rebecca

Lululiz said...

What a lovely idea to wrap them with wire and beads, they are really gorgeous.