Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bookmarks and Baby!

Hello sweet friends! I thought I would share some bookmarks that I made last night. There's a few people that still use these right? Not everyone uses E-books. Right? The images of the girls are from Paper Whimsy. I think the bird is from Graphics Fairy. When I'm reading sometimes I imagine that I'm traveling to the place in the book. That's the reason behind the first image of the little girl with her bag and then the Tim Holtz metal piece that says "imagine.

I used the image of the bird...because I love birds! :) And the word "dream" because that's what I do when I'm reading a great book!

I thought this one was perfect for your Bible. I love this image of this lady.

This isn't a very good photo of my Baby girl. She lays in this window in the breakfast nook, watching the birds eat. And sometimes it just exhausts her! :) I was trying to hurry before I woke her and I didn't make sure my camera strap was out of the way.

She's telling me to leave her alone. My hubby is in the background working in the yard.


What are you doing for the 4th? Going anywhere? We're not. We put our house up for sale so we have been doing spring cleaning.


Whatever you do this weekend, my friends, stay safe and Happy 4th of July!

Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!


Love,

Sonya

10 comments:

donna!ee said...

your bookmarks are lovely. i still make them and use them as giveaways for visitation ministry at the hospital & nursing home. thank you much for sharing :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi SOnya Sweetie...
Oh my gosh what a beautiful share. Yes, I do still read a book, every night before I close my eyes. I love reading a chapter or two, and I am constantly bending my pages. I need to make a couple of bookmarks for me. Thank you for sharing yours. They are exquitsite. I especially love the one you made with Bible reading in mind. How pretty and serene it is.

Loved seeing the photos of you darling kitty girl. Is she not beautiful? She appears to be lying on her back just dreaming of catching one of those winged beauties. Just let me at them she appears to be saying.

We will be home for the 4th as well. Don't know if the kids will be popping by or not. They know they are always welcome. I am just not doing as much. I have always been the cooker and hostess, and this year, I want to sit back and watch everything as well.

Have a glorious weekend sweet one. I love, Love, LOVE your bookmarks. Excellent job. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Julie Harward said...

We just put our place up for sale too! Such a cute car and I love the bookmarks, they are a lively gift. We haven't decided about the weekend..yes, we are last minute planners! Have a good 4th! :D

Kasia said...

These are totally awesome! I dont even have a favorite!!! They are all so COOL!!!!! :D I adore each one, and I think they are all perfectly fitted and designed! Another wonder my friend! :)

Hugs,

Barbara Jean said...

sweet tags girl!!

I put your treasures aside.

Looks like we will do another VM on Aug 13th.
Even if you cannot come to sell, hope you will make it to visit.

blessings
barb

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Sonya, your book marks, are adorable- I would never read a novel as E-book, have to be in my hands :)
I wish you a beautiful 4 of july week-end.
Hugs,Dorthe

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
your bookmarks are all beautiful!!
I too love to read books.
Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sonya,
Your bookmarks are gorgeous!!! WOW! And guess what? My cat Stella looks exactly like yours--Can you believe it?

I have been revamping my entire house, so I know how much work it is to get things organized and packed up. I don't think there's one muscle left in my body that doesn't ache! lol

Happy 4th of July to you and your hubby! And hope he is feeling much better.

XO
Cindy

Lululiz said...

Call me old fashioned but when I read a book, I want to turn the pages, I want to smell the paper and the ink, and I don't want to have to worry about breaking a delicate thing when I fall asleep and drop my reading material onto the floor, lol. I can't ever see myself with anything but a proper book. So yes, there are still dinosaurs like me about who use bookmarks, lol.

Robin said...

Lovely bookmarks Sonya! Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin