Sunday, May 29, 2011

Scrabble and Domino necklaces

Hi friends! I thought I would try something different again. I took an on-line Altered Domino class taught by Zinnia Galliher @ Roses On My Table. Her teaching is very clear and easy to understand. Once I got started I couldn't stop! :)

I made some with the burgundy colored scrabble tiles and then some with the natural wood. I can't make up my mind which I like best.
I love birds can you tell? Double click to see the birdies up close. All the images are from an Etsy shop called Charmed Memory Collage. She has wonderful images, for dominoes, scrabble pieces, perfume labels, postcards, tags, all kinds of assorted sizes.

This is a domino with a wonderful Waterhouse image. I haven't glued the bail onto it yet but I wanted to show you.

This is the first one that I did and you can tell? :[ I thought I would show you anyway.

Does it make you want to try it? It's a lot of fun, my friends. Now you know what I'm going to do with all of those dominoes that I bought at that garage sale. I have a lot of scrabble pieces too. Don't be afraid to try it. It's a lot easier than soldering, I'll tell you that!


What did you do this weekend? I wanted to go garage saling but didn't do it. Maybe next weekend. I would like to go to the Picadilly again. Whatever you did or are going to do, I hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear about it. I'm not being nosey...really.


Talk to you soon.

Love,

Sonya

16 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Sonya ~ these are fantastic! Let us know when you have them finished ;-)

Robin said...

Your scrabble tiles and dominoes look beautiful. Thanks for the link to the class. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Robin

Karen B. said...

Sonya,

there are so beautiful!!! Lovely!!!
hugs
Karen B ~ Todolwen

Karen B. said...

Sonya,
it's late and I didn't check my spelling, sorry!! Your work is just great! The creations you made are beautiful. Just lovely!!!
hugs again
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Teresa aka Tess said...

These are all lovely. You did a great job. Well done.....

Kasia said...

Hey Sonya! What were you talking about!? The domino pieces are just as good as the smaller ones! And they are both gorgeous! I love the pictures on these! Who would have thought? Stunning handiwork! ;)

valenbergia said...

Super!!!))))))

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya,
this is my third try:) Your scrabble tiles and dominoes came out just beautifully!! Love them.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie Lost Bird Studio

Barbara Jean said...

sweeeet!! Hod did you get the little hangers on the scrabble tiles? I want to do those!
Bringing them to the sale????

hugs and blessings!

barb

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sonya,
These are totally gorgeous!! WOW! They are completely dreamy.
XO
Cindy

Createology said...

You did a beautiful job on these. Happy week ahead...

Fabric Art said...

WOW Sonya your scrabble tiles and dominos are all so wonderful made, Roses On My Table have some great workshops.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya! Aren't altering dominos and game pieces fun!!! and your right way easier than soldering. LOl
Your tiles are just darling!
Hugs Lynn

ayearinenglish said...

I love on-line classes!! Thumbs up for that.

The scrabble tiles were just beautiful and thanks a lot for telling where to buy nice images.

Take care!
Susanne

Dorthe said...

Sonya, the dominoes and scrabble tiles, looks fantastic- I just love what you did.I`m in Roses on my Table-too, --maybe I should take this class,too, --but I just paied for the upcoming class, so better wait a bit :)
See you there, dear friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

They're gorgeous, and since they're so tiny, I guess they can be addicting to make! Patsy from
HeARTworks