Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Look What I Can Do!

Deacon is just like Grandma. He LOVES horses! Isn't this horse gorgeous?! Deacon was so excited. Can you tell?

Double click and you can see the look on his face. He was thrilled. He didn't want anyone to ride with him either. He said he could do it 'heeself'! :)


Deacon wanted Papa to take his training wheels off. So Papa did and Deacon hopped onto his bike and took off! It was amazing! No staggering or faltering. And he's only 3!






Thumbs up to Grandma! I'm so proud of him!


I'm just amazed at what Deacon can do for his age. He's got determination, that's for sure.

This sounds terrible but I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 10 years old! We weren't allowed to have a bike until then! My real Dad was a mean old man and didn't believe in giving children ANY thing extra. My oldest sister gave us her bike and us 3 youngest girls had to share it, but we were thankful just to have one! Boy, that wasn't easy learning at 10 either. I think you have more fears.

Thank you for stopping by-I love showing off my Grandson. I just love him to pieces! He is so funny and so full of energy!

I hope you are having a wonderful week, dear friends. What are you planning this weekend?


Blessings and hugs,

Sonya

9 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

I can see you have there a daredevil in the making. :) I love kids who grab the bull by the horn and take on the world. That was one big horse. I can't believe he wasn't afraid to be so high. And look at him go on that little bike. So cute ! I think Buddy is as big as Deacon. HA! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings, Tammy

Kasia said...

He is so adorable! And athletic, for 3? Wow!!! Ive ridden horses since I was 5, they are such interesting and loving animals! When we (me and my Dad) went into a barn for the first time, he was more afraid than me! Deacon is so lucky to get that experience, it really helps a child flourish and understand life differently. :)
A lovely post! Have an amazing day!

Hugs,

Candy C said...

Sonya...

Deacon is adorable! I can't believe he's only three and had the courage to take off the training wheels! WOW! That says a lot about that little man. :) And most little boys would be intimidated by that what must seem like HUGE horse (compared to him). I know how proud you are of your darling little grandson. Isn't being a grandma just one of the greatest things in life?! <3 Candy

Vicki said...

He is such a cutie! I bet he is hard to keep up with these days. I hope his Mom is doing well. Think of her often.

I love horses too! I've had several over the years and have ridden most of my life. How about you? p.s. Kara didn't learn to ride until about two years ago. She just lacked the motivation. She liked her scooter.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
Oh gosh, Deacon is adorable!! And I can't believe he's riding a horse AND a 2-wheeler--WOW!! I think I learned around 5 or 6 to ride a bike...but you're right--if you learn when you're older, it's so much harder!

I hope you're having a great evening...Sending (((hugs))) your way,
my friend!
Cindy

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow a horse and a bike with no training wheels, hes a real dare devil LOL and adorable too. Love it when he gave you the thumbs up!
hugs Lynn

Miss Sandy said...

Awesome! Way to go Deacon! He is so adorable.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
dear Deacon is just so adorable! Give him a big hug from me. Before you know it he will be all grown up.
Hugs,
Marie

Lululiz said...

Bless him, he looks so small on that huge animal! I think horses are wonderful creatures, I love looking at them, I admire their amazing beauty.......... but from a distance, they are soooo big, they scare me! So I have the greatest admiration for your little chap. He is quite something.