Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Pink Saturday to You!

Hello dear friends! I hope your pink Saturday is wonderful. This pretty little lady was given to me by my twin sister, Angela. You can't tell by the photo but she is a pretty big gal. Not trying to hurt her feelings...but she is. She stands 10 inches tall by 9 inches wide and 9 inches deep! And guess where my sister found her? At the Goodwill! Can you believe that?



I think she has such a pretty face.


Aren't the lace and roses something? I have to be really careful when I clean her. You can't just wash her with water.


She is just as pretty from the back.


I thought her fingers were beautifully made. See the light shining through?


This pretty little lady was a gift from a friend (Pat) of mine. I just love her pretty hat with the polka dots. I always wished I could dress like this.


Double click on the photo and look at her hair. The curls are so pretty.


This pretty Nancy Ann I bought at an estate sale for $6! I love her cute face and her dress and her hair. Can you tell I love her? I have a soft spot for dolls and my daughter tells me that I have too many...well, I probably do to some people but to a doll collector? They would say how sad she hardly has any dolls! Haha.


Aren't the eyelet pantaloons just the cutest? I love her little feet too. :


I planned on sharing a pink collage that I am making but didn't get it finished in time. But I hope you enjoyed what I showed you anyway. I love the color pink!


And praying that all of you Mothers have a blessed Mother's day tomorrow. I love you J.D., Michael, and Nikki, more than you'll ever know.


Blessings and love,

Sonya



I'm linking up with Beverly's fabulous Pink Saturday!

16 comments:

Pam said...

What lovely dolls all dressed in pink.

I'm not participating in Pink Saturday this week but wanted to stop by and say: "Happy Pink Saturday" and Happy Mother's day.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sonya Sweetie...
Oh what a gorgeous pink share today. I love your dolls. They just made my heart go pitter patter. I love the doll your Sweet Sis found for you. She is gorgeous. I love that old lace and the roses. You don't see many around for sale anymore, and what a joy that your Sis snagged her right up for you. She is so detailed and her hands are so delicate.

I love the little polka dotted hat gal as well. How sweet she is. I love hats, so she really stole my heart.

Your last little gal, I love her because she has blonde hair like me. I love finding ones that have the old fuzzy type hair. They made them so real did they not? Love those pantaloons, they are the perfect touch.

Have a beautiful Mother's Day sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Mildred said...

Sonya, I am thrilled to find your blog through Pink Saturday. I have a soft spot for dolls also. The first one is so delicate with the roses/lace; imagine finding that at GoodWill! I had one very much like the 2nd one you feature that originally held an arrangement of fresh flowers from the florist back in the 60's. The third one I am not familiar with but she is adorable. What a delightful pink post today. Wishing you a great weekend.

Donnie said...

You have such beautiful pink ladies. I have never seen one of them as large as yours. Happy Pink Saturday and Mother's Day.

Sares said...

The first figurine is a stunner. I can't believe she's that big! My Mom has a twin sister too, they are identical. Funny how many of out are out there, yet it's still such a special thing! Happy Pink!

Susan said...

I absolutely love both your ladies!! They are so pretty with so much detail!!I can't believe your sister found her at Good Will! What an awesome find!

Charlene said...

SWEET PINK!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

~Shabby~Prim~Delights~ said...

Gorgeous dolls..i think every woman has a softspot for dolls...beautiful reminders of a childhood. Thanx for sharing,
HPS
Michelle

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

I loved admiring your pretty dolls today. So perfect for Pink Saturday. I don't know which one I like best, they are all so cute. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day. I'm visiting from PS and I'm your newest follower. I can't wait to read more!
~Lynn

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Your girls are so pretty! The first one has an exotic look to her. Rather mysterious and regal.

My Crafty Little Page said...

Oh my goodness - what a GW find! Love your girls - I'm a sucker for '50s ceramics! xoxo Nancy

sweet violets said...

What wonderful dolls you have!!! I also have a soft spot for dolls....and still have a few.....have a happy Mother's Day....hugs...cleo

saltbox treasures said...

You have some lovely pink ladies. The eyelet pantaloons are the cutest!
Happy Mother's Day!
~ Julie

carlota said...

they are lovely dolls.

Kasia said...

Wow... o.o I didnt see that until now! How cute are these!?! the first is a dream, something beautiful! And how not to love Goodwill?! LOL They are all stunning! Great finds too!

Hugs,

Betsy said...

These are all so pretty. Why can't I find anything like that at our GW. Thanks for sharing part of your lovely collection.