Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where is Your Faith?


Hello all. I have a question for you. Where is your faith? I've been thinking about this a lot. And while thinking about my faith, I made this collage with this specific thing in mind. Do you have faith in the Lord? I tell you, my faith grows more and more in the Lord with every year that passes.
(Double click on photos to appreciate the beauty of the colors.)


Isn't she beautiful? (Image from Paper Whimsy) Everytime I look at her, she reminds me to keep looking up. Keep looking to my Lord. To thank Him, to praise Him, to love Him and to go to Him for everything. Because He is my Lord and Savior. Who died for our sins, so we could have everlasting life with our God the Father. That's how much HE loves us. Imagine sacrificing your innocent son for sinners! When I think about this-really think about how MUCH God loves us, that He did this for us! How can we not have faith? How could we not love Him in return? Jesus accepted our punishment, paid the price for our sins, and then offered us the new life that He had bought for us.



This flower matches the velvet fabric behind it so well. I love the different shades. I know the photo is sideways but you can still see the flower. :)


I found this wonderful pin at a garage sale. I knew it had to go on this collage. Jesus Saves. Yes, He does.



(Pretty burgundy fringe.)


This cross was one that belonged to my Mother and she wore all the time.



Yes, my faith looks up to thee, O Lord. Thank you, for dying on the cross for us.


Praying that YOU all have a blessed Easter Sunday and that you remember to thank our Lord for what HE did for us:


For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16



I just added this photo because I liked how the sunshine and shadows were hitting it.


I want to thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. I received so many comments that were so appreciated. Thank you again, my friends. My faith is looking up, that Sissie will be just fine. :)


God bless you all as you remember our Lord's sacrifice for us. He is risen!


Sonya

16 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sonya, this is so beautiful--and I am praying that you have the faith of a mustard seed right now~love & prayers,
Cindy

ShabbyLife said...

Beautiful post! Praying for you and your baby <3

Lauralee

Charlene said...

Soooooooooo pretty! And what a testament piece. God is indeed good my friend. I hope you have a wonderful Easter. HUGS!
Charlene

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful,dear Sonya.Have a wonderful Easter.
Sending hugs and prayers.
Marie

Vintage Gal said...

Sonya ~ beautiful post. We should also call this THANKSGIVING ~ to be thankful for what Jesus did for us ~ rejoice! He is risen ;-)

Robin said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter, Sonya. Your collage is truly beautiful in many ways. I love how you incorporated so many meaningful things into it, including that beautiful cross that belonged to your mother. Continuing to pray for the quick recovery of your dog Sissie.

Hugs,
Robin

Monica@The White Bench said...

What a wonderful piece. So inspiring indeed!
You are a darling, Sonya, your words were such a blessing to me! A HUGE thank you.
Sending hugs, prayers and Easter wishes.
Monica x.

Kathy said...

Hello, Beautiful collage - it is good to think upon our faith - to remember and to recall what the Lord has done for us in our lives makes Him all the more special to us - Walking the walk when life is good makes it easier when life throws its challenges!
Hope you've had a very blessed Easter,
Kathy

Jan said...

Sonya,
A beautiful collage, indeed! Gorgeous detail and uplifting message :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Sonya Sweetie...
A beautiful post my friend. Just so elegant. I love the pin that you found at the sale, how appropriate it is for this collage. Just gorgeous and says it all.

Faith of a mustard seed dear one, faith of a mustard seed.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

mzzterry said...

without our faith what would we cling to??? where would we put our hope?? you gotta have faith!! beautiful thoughts, pretty things! ;) <3

Rettabug said...

Very pretty collage, Sonia & very moving words to match. Well done!

Ruth H. said...

This is a beautiful post, and I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner! I hope your Easter day was Blessed, and I'm anxious to know how your precious little Sissie is. I've been through something very similar, and my heart goes out to you. This isn't something understood by anyone who has never loved a pet. My prayers are with you! Jesus have mercy on us.

Rebecca said...

Hello Sonya
I hope your Easter day was wonderful and filled with the love of family and friends. How wonderful it is to rest in the Lord's love, that he cares for us and everything we own is his. How he knows the number of hairs on our head and how much more he knows our cares. How he cares for Sissie and knows you do your best to care for this little lovable creature, rest in the Lord and know he cares for you.
Blessings
Rebecca

peggy aplSEEDS said...

thanks for sharing! i love all the little details like the Jesus saves pin and your mother's cross. i have an Easter giveaway and she is also looking up!
a blessed Easter season!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Gale Blair said...

Such wonderful, detailed work, Sonya! Simply beautiful.