Friday, April 22, 2011

Please Pray for Sissie!

This post wasn't planned. But it is something I feel that I needed to share with you. My Sissie girl is in the hospital! We were outside again today working in the yard and of course, she was with us! Then we went inside to eat lunch and yes, she followed. But she kept sitting there staring outside into our backyard. I asked her if she saw a birdie and she barked and started dancing around. So I let her out. Next thing you know she is vomiting and you know what at the other end! And then she just staggered and fell to the ground! I ran out to her and I thought she was dead! I turned her over and she was just limp. I thought oh my goodness, she ate something she wasn't suppose to! So we wrapped her in a towel and rushed her to the vet.

(She does NOT like getting her picture taken, and usually turns
her head or walks away) :)
They immediately started running tests on her. Gave her a shot of cortisone as she was having trouble breathing. Next thing you know, she is bleeding profusely from her rectum! I started crying! What is going on, I asked her?! She told me that I needed to go home and she would let me know what the bloodtest showed in about an hour. In the mean time she wanted her on IV's and painkiller. My poor Sissis is in a lot of pain.


(Isn't she just the cutest right here?)

She called me about 2 hours later and said that Sissie has severe pancreatitis! Her enzymes level is suppose to be 1400 or lower and hers was 6900! And her glucose level was 228 and it is suppose to be 140 or less. Which is showing diabetes. And her bilirubin is up in her Liver. But she said that could be because of the pancreatitis. I asked her what on earth is this from? She said it is caused by a number of things. But in toy poodles it can usually be caused by very fatty foods. I said oh no, I gave her Kentucky Fried Chicken just 2 hours before that. And she said THAT will do it! It was MY fault!! We still don't know if she is out of the woods yet or not. But please, if you would, pray for her? She is so sweet and I just love her so much. And I am just sick, knowing that I probably caused her to get so deathly ill. If Kentucky Fried Chicken does this to dogs what does it do to us? The vet is keeping her for at least 2 more days, pumping her full of fluids as she can't eat or drink for at least 2 more days. And will continue to run tests on her organs, to see if there is permanent damage or not.
(Sissie and Buddy are playing. They are only 3 months apart in age and have been the best of friends)

I will keep you posted as soon as I hear more. Thank you for letting me share this with you. If your pets are like family to you too, then you will understand how awful this is for us.


God bless you, friends.


Sonya

29 comments:

Lululiz said...

OMG Sonya, I am so sorry to hear about your little darling. Believe me when I say that I know just how you are feeling. I am right there beside you holding your hand and waiting with you for good news. xx

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh Sonya! I am sooooo very sorry to hear this. I do know that poodles have very sensitive systems. My ex-mother-in-law used to put ground beef in the oven to bake, cook rice and green peas, drain off the fat from the beef and then mix it all together. That was what her toy poodles ate because otherwise they would get very sick. I don't let my kids eat KFC -- it has got to be some of the most awful food out there. I feel so bad for your little Sissie and pray that she will be okay. Sending all good wishes your way! With thoughts and prayers, Tammy

alveen said...

Sorry to hear that Sissie is so sick. I know how hard it is to see our little friends suffer, one feels so helpless. Kind thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Libertybelle said...

I'm praying for you both Sonya. I'm sure Sissie is in very good hands and that the vet will do all she can for her. Don't blame yourself we all give our pets things which may not be good for them.
Hugs
Margaret

Fabric Art said...

Sonya dear so sorry to read about your little sick Sissie, I know how hard it is when a pet is sick, thinking of you both.
Big Hug Anni

Zoechaos said...

Sending love and positive thoughts with blue healing light for Sissie bless her little heart. Do not be to hard on yourself the things you do and give your furry family are done in love, the Vet will give you lots of advice and be positive that you will have your adorable Sissie home soon. XOXO Zoe

Vintage Gal said...

Sonya ~ I'm sending up prayers for you and sisie ~ Hopefully she will rebound and be home soon ;-)

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya- how terribly,for you all, I`m so sad for you, and your sweet Sissie, and hope for good news to you, very soon, sweet.
Hugs,Dorthe

Robin said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet Sissie. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her right now. I'm sure she will be fine and back home in your loving arms soon.

Hugs,
Robin

Karen B. said...

My dear Sonya, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I hope and pray that she will get better!!! Be strong!!!
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

The Cranky Queen said...

Oh Sonya...I will be praying for your special dog...and you too. Pets are parts of our family and always love us no matter what! Blessings, Tiffany

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Ohhh Sonya ~ I will so be praying for your sweet Sissie!! I love my puppies so much so can completely understand your worry ~
Let us know how she is doing ~

xoxo
Lori

sweet violets said...

Oh Sonya, so sorry to hear this news....will keep you all in prayer. Years ago learned to never give the pets any table food at all, their systems are not designed to tolerate the same foods as humans. Keep us posted....hugs...cleo

Susan said...

Sonya, I will certainly pray for little Sissie!!

Cindy Craine said...

Dear Sonya-This is my first time to stop by because I saw your post. I have always had animals and it is always so hard to see them sick. I know the vet says too much fatty food, well poo to the vet. Do not spend one moment of your time worried that you did something to make this happen. Animals have a limited time on earth, if you spoiled her fine,my husband took our Golden Retriever to Sonic every saturday for a plain hamburger and it made no difference! I think animals are like people, some are born stronger than others. You put that thought out of your mind! Keep us all posted.

stampdiva said...

Hi
Although I visit your blog and have left commetns before you don't know me but I was compelled to leave a message for you. Furry friends are so precious, (I am an Auntie to a Westie).
I hope Sissie makes a speedy recover. They really are fighters and I am sure Sissie is in the best and most caring hands.
Wishes for you and Sissie
Lynne

Lana said...

Hi Sonya,
My prayers and heart are going out to you and precious Miss Sissie!!! I too have a doggy "SON" LOL and know exactly how you feel about our fur babies!!! Please do not feel guilty for something you did without knowing!! You know bad things happen BUT atleast you took her to your Vet right away I know others who would have just waited to see what happens because they are only dogs, how horrible!! Your Vet sounds right on track with what I know from others so rest assured God is hearing our prayers and you will be given more time with your baby. Please know there are others out here sending you love and hugs!! Sissie hang in there sweetie!!Keep us all informed please as you can!!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Sonya,
I'm so sorry to hear what happend to poor
Sissie.Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
Big hugs to you,
Marie

Agnes said...

It is not your fault, your love for Sissie counts.
I hope and pray for your little darling.
She is in good hands now.
Please keep strong.
Love,
Agnes

Paper Paradise said...

Oh how sad.... I do hope Sissy makes a full recovery. We had a German Shepherd who had pancreatitis, admitted not so severe as Sissy's sounds, but he was stabilised with a special diet. I do hope you soon receive some good news. Sue x

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Dear Sonya, I am praying for your precious Sissy. I know how much our doggies mean to us. Twyla

Vicki said...

Oh no! Poor Sissy. My heart breaks thinking about you having to go through this. I will pray hard for her over the next two days. I know she is always at your side. This little one needs to get better and back in the garden with her Mom. I know how much you love her. Hugs and prayers xoxo

Cindy Adkins said...

Dear Sonya,
You know I'm praying for Sissie and I was wondering if you would post about her...I'm so glad you did so that everyone can pray...Hoping and praying she is restored to perfect health soon. I'm so sorry she has to be going through this--and you too...it is unreal. Pets are part of the family, there is no doubt--and part of our hearts too.
Love,
Cindy

Sheila A. said...

Sonya, I also pray for you both. You mustn't blame yourself. You are also in pain. God bless you and your little one. I will wait for good news.

Marianne said...

I was crying as I read this about your sweet doggie. I will be praying for you and your Sissie.

Charlene said...

Oh Sonya I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY!!!! My precious Reba had the same thing. And I had let her lick my plate after we had scalloped potatoes & ham. It does make you feel terrible doesn't it??? But, don't beat yourself up... It does no good. I will keep you both in my prayers. Let me know how things go. HUGS!
Charlene

Tina Eudora said...

I just popped over from Todolwen's blog as she had mentioned your sweet Sissie and her illness. I send my prayers and my heart today to your little angel, that on this Easter morn it is God's will she will be healed. I also became a follower and will watch for updates.
P.S. Don't beat yourself up over the chicken, we've all done it at one time or another and usually nothing happens. Maybe her immune system was low and made her vulnerable, how could you possibly know?
Tina xo

Candy C said...

Sonya...I just returned from being at my inlaws for the weekend. I was so sorry to read your post. I am hoping and praying that by the time I am writing this to you, that you have gotten some good news on Sissie and that she is doing much better. My thoughts and prayers are with you. <3 Candy

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Oh Sonya, I have tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry that you and Sissie have to go through that. Hopefully she will be o.k. soon. This must be so awful for you. Even though our cat didn't have such a serious illness yet, I think I can imagine how you feel.
Warm wishes and big hugs,
Julia