Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little Lace and Pearls

Hello everyone! I thought I would try something a little different in my collages. I had this plate and decided to try to use it for the background. Just for a change. The words on this collage come from an old hymnal. Double click on the photos and you can get a better view.

This image is from Paper Whimsy. I just think she is lovely. She has a book laying in front of her.
I love this little charm book and it opens. I hung an earring on the bow below it. It just sparkles.
I added an image inside the charm. I think it's Joseph holding baby Jesus.
I stitched pearls all the way around the doily. If you know me-I'm a pearl girl!
Yes, every promise in This Book is mine...and yours! My hope is that YOU know that. Let me know what you think about this collage. My husband thinks I'm weird. :)


I hope your Thursday is sunny and warm! Thanks for stopping and leaving your wonderful comments.


I'm linking up with Doni @ Faith, Grace and Crafts for Thursday Pearls and Lace. Come join in!


20 comments:

Doni said...

Hi Sonya! Your plate is wonderful! I love the lace of course, but the hymn is a great idea! Great job. Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday and sharing with us.
Blessings to you!
Doni

painting classes said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Candy C said...

This is so sweet Sonya! I love it! You did very well in trying this...something different! Beautiful! <3 Candy

Terri Gordon said...

Hello Sonya, Your plate is just beautiful. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week. Terri

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love it, especially with the theme you chose! and my husband thinks i'm funny!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh, it is absolutley beautiful,Sonya!!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Pink Princess said...

I love this, such a wonderful idea to use a plate ♥

Lynn Stevens said...

Sonya, its lovely and so original!
hugs Lynn

Robin said...

It's beautiful Sonya, in every way!

Hugs,
Robin

T's Daily Treasures said...

I think it is very pretty! And always great to use what you have on hand. I think there are very few husbands who don't think we are a bit weird. My hubby doesn't understand how I can stay in pajamas from days on end and just crochet or craft the day away. He certainly doesn't get the upcycling thing with tin cans and cereal boxes. When I ask what he thinks, she just smiles and nods and says "nice." :) Have a great day! Tammy

T's Daily Treasures said...

oops ... I meant he! :/

Kasia said...

Sonya, what a wonderful idea! Sweetly done and the picture is so cute!

Hugs,

Desire Empire said...

Sonya, a lovely spiritual piece.

Thanks for visiting
Best Carolyn

Libertybelle said...

What a great idea- lovely work!

Susan said...

Very pretty!

stampdiva said...

This is exquisite. Beautiful image.
Wishes
Lynne M

khess136 said...

How beautiful and creative, Sonya!!! I'm so inspired by your work...
Thank you for sharing this lovely creation! xoxo, Karen

Heirlooms For You said...

Sonya, Beautiful collage. I love the way you added it to the plate. It gives it that little extra something.Thank you for stopping by I hope you can find somethings you can use from time to time. Carol

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya,
Your plate collage is a beautifull art piece- I love your Paper Whimsy image, too- and all is so lovely---
My husbond ,thinks I`m weird,too-lol
Hugs,Dorthe

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--this is gorgeous! And I love that little gold book with the cross on it--it even matches your blog header!!!
Brilliant!!! I LOVE it!
XO
Cindy