Friday, April 29, 2011

I Could Wear a Feather~

Hello everyone! This is the latest bird-themed collage I've made. I love the color of rusty brown. Double click and you can see better. It was so cloudy yesterday that I had a hard time taking good photos.


I found this wooden frame at a garage sale. It came with another one attached to it and the glass was missing. If you look closely-it looks hand-carved because you can see a lot of imperfections in the pattern.


I found this leather coin purse at an antique store. And sewed the word "play" onto it.

This image of this little girl is so cute. This picture came from Dawn @ Feathered Nest. Thank you, Dawn. Can't you just see a child looking this way at a nest they found?

Wouldn't it be awesome to have feathers (just for a minute) and be able to fly?

I wouldn't want feathers for much longer than that for fear of being tempted to eat a bug or a worm! Ewww!


Those are real eggs in the nest. I don't know what kind, do you?


A dried up sunflower from last summer. This flower came from the seeds that fall to the ground where I feed the birds just outside my breakfast nook window. I love watching the birds eating (as they watch me eat!). So does Sissie, Buddy and Baby!





I showed this to my husband and he asked me, "What's with the wire and the nails across the frame and coin purse? They aren't holding those on there are they?" I rolled my eyes. I said, "Never mind!" He said, "Well, honey...whatever!" I told him I'm showing YOU, you'll understand! :) Haha...I hope you do anyway!


I hope all is well with you, dear friends. Please pray for the people who are suffering from the awful tornadoes. Especially the ones who lost precious family members and all their homes.


Have a wonderful weekend.


Blessings,


Sonya

21 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Another wonderful treasure sweet girl
I just HAVE to get myself creating again, on more than painting walls and floors for the new room! =)

Are you doing the Coburg sale?? Saw that tag when I enlarged your beautiful piece.

blessings
barb

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful collage - love the colors and the textures - sure am praying for those who were affected by that terrible storm!
Kathy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
another beautiful collage.WOW, love this one too.I'm too praying for those affected by that storm! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Robin said...

Hi Sonya! This is another beautiful collage. I just love it when you use those coin purses as nests!! I too am praying for the people who suffered losses in those terrible storms. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

She Uses Her Words said...

Wonderful Art! Really pretty! My husband would have said the same thing.
xo, Karen

Susan said...

What a beautiful piece of art work!! Gorgeous!

Karen B. said...

Sweet Sonya,

one word ~ BEAUTIFUL!!!!! love it.
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sonya...it turned out so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the wire across it all and you are so right...we DO understand!!! I've always loved that print of the little girl with the bird. It truly is a wonderful piece of artwork sweet friend!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Kasia said...

Hello Sonya!

As usual, your work is stunning! Could these be quail eggs? They kind of look like them! :) How beautiful this collage is! I adore the feathery goodness! :D Simply lovely! I think the purse idea is great!

Hugs,

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya-
how wonderful-and how fantastic- I love what you did, and all the elements added here-the purce and eggs- and dried flower- so beautiful-- and I do have a husbond-like you :)
Hugs,Dorthe

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sonya, that wooden frame is gorgeous and the way you have put the whole collage together is wonderful. Men never do seem to get it. :/ Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Best wishes, Tammy

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
Your artwork is not only inspirational it is exquisite.
Wishes
Lynne

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
This is spectacular!!! WOW--I love it!!
XO
Cindy

Lynn Stevens said...

OH MY STARS Sonya, I think I'm in Love, gorgeous collage, the frame adds so much texture, darling coin purse with nest and eggs,( I found another one this week)yeah!!!
Hubbies sometimes sheesh...We all get it!!!! LOL
hugs Lynn

Charlene said...

Sonya,
I LAUGHED so hard about your Hubby & his remark. THEY DON'T GET IT!!! It's OK! We get ya girlfriend. Thanks for sharing. LOVE what you did. I am sooooooooo into those little coin purses. I found a few of them at Round Top & want to do a necklace. Hugs!
Charlene

Vicki said...

My hubby would have said the same thing! He doesn't get it so he just smiles. I love it. The frame is gorgeous and makes the collage. Great work!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous!!! Husbands just don't get it sometimes. Mine looks for everything wrong with it. lol Oh well. I think you knocked it out of the park. I would love to own this. You can tell him I said so. :)
xo,
Tammy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
I hope you had a Happy Sunday! And I know just what you mean--they don't always "get" it! lol
XO
Cindy

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi SOnya,

Well, I think it's beautiful! My husband has been known to make similar comments too!!! We make each other smile!

Sarahx

Fabric Art said...

Sonya the image fits perfect to you wonderful collage, love all elements you added to it.
Hugs Anni

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Wow! This is so beautiful as are all of your creations! I just love the saying --'if i had a feather . . .' --so so cute!