Monday, April 18, 2011

How I Spent My Monday~

Hello dear friends. I hope your day was filled with sunshine. Mine finally was! And I enjoyed the day outside and got a few things accomplished. Of course, my Sissie girl had to help me. I should have name her Suey! She was rootin', diggin', and a snortin'!
If you double click you can see the dirt on her face. She hates getting her picture taken for some reason. She usually hides.

She loves being outside. And even rides in the wheelbarrow. I didn't get a photo of that. But I will try next time. As you can kind of see by all the dirt on the sidewalk we are doing major landscaping. Out of the 26 underground sprinklers, 11 of them leaked! So you know what that means...
I snuck this photo before she realized what I was doing. As soon as the camera clicked, she was outta here! :)


Onto a different subject now...here is another collage I made. This time using teals and browns.


I found this cherub at a church sale. A broken piece just laying there on the table. I knew I could use it on one of my collages.
Another beautiful image from Paper Whimsy. I love their images so much. They are so clear. The teal velvet behind the lady was such a deep, rich color. I loved using it.


All the trimming and velvet on this collage are from Flights of Fancy. They have beautiful laces, ribbons and flowers too. Well, that's it for today. I'm sure glad you stopped by.


What are your plans for Easter Sunday? A big dinner? Easter egg hunt? Church? Traveling to relatives? All the above?


I hope you did something enjoyable today. Something relaxing or creative. I would love to hear what you did!



Blessings,

Sonya

18 comments:

Kasia said...

Hello! Sissie is so adorable! And I love her pink sweater! too cute! The collage is truly wonderful! I love the style and the colours are fantastic! The cherub is a great find and everything fit together perfectly. You sure had a good day!
Hugs,

Vicki said...

OMG, she is adorable. Love the dirty face. That collage is amazing. Love the colors you chose. I need to check out Paper Whimsy and Flights of Fancy. Thank you for sharing. My bday is on Easter this year. We've decided to celebrate both with Maryland crabcakes flown in! Not traditional Easter fare around here but a welcome treat. Have a blessed holiday! Have you entered the latest giveaway? I can't remember after three weeks who has and has not! Forgive me!

sweet violets said...

What a cutie pie!!! Love her sweater!!! The collage is beautiful, love the trimmings, the velvet and the rich colors...you do such nice work!!!

I will spend Easter with my best friend and her family, don't know what we are having yet. But I'll be baking Easter bread this week and a cheese cake to bring.

Spent the last 4 days crafting and sewing and taking pics to do my listings. Will post some pics tomorrow of what I made. Easter blessings to you....cleo

Libertybelle said...

What a cute little dog- she's adorable!
I love the new collage- the gold and teal work so well together.
My Easter will be spent with family with my SIL cooking so it will be a surprise. It's bound to be good as she is a wonderful cook.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Easter Blessings to you and your family.
Margaret

Lululiz said...

Sissie is just adorable, what a cute little darling! And your collage, well, what can I say, it is absolutely lovely, the colour combination is great.

FarfallaDK said...

Happy Springtime, Sonya!
Here in Denmark the weather is fantastic too and I am so happy to feel the sun on my face these days.

Your collage is absolutely amazing!
So many pretty little details.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
XO FarfallaDK

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sissie is adorable!!! It looks like she had so much fun!! and I love this newest piece--so beautiful!! WOW, Sonya!!!

XO
Cindy

Candy C said...

Your puppy is adorable!!! I love the pink sweater! It's been lovely here today as well! I need to get out of the studio and go get some fresh air! Your collage is breathtaking! Just lovely! <3 Candy

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Beautiful collage, love the teal color and the richness of it all! Hoppy Easter and Hugs, Marilou

Miss Sandy said...

Hey sweet friend, what an adorable helper you have there! The collage is gorgeous, you are just dripping with talent!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my Sonya, your Sissie is precious. Jingles always turns her head when I try to get a picture. It takes a lot of coaxing to get her to look my way. Looks like you had a glorious day outdoors. Love the teals and browns in your collage. Always a great color combination. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Fabric Art said...

Sonya you have a very sweet little dog, and you have made a gorgeous collage, love everything you have put on it, your color choice are wonderful. Happy Easter.
Anni

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhhh Sissie is darling in her little pink sweater, Camera shy is she? well she is just precious.
Your collage is stunning, Love all the elements. that teal is so rich.

Spending Easter with family, yeah I don't have to cook! Hope you have a Blessed Easter
hugs Lynn

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
your poochie is just adorable! I love your gorgeous collage! it is so rich in color and details! Hope you have a Happy Easter with your family.

TheRustyThimble said...

Oh Sonya she is so sweet she was helping in the dirt LOL. Gotta love those fur babies. Love your collages
Brenda

Leann said...

Hi Sonya - that Sissie is a sweetheart - love her little pink tongue:)

The collage is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!!

Plans for Easter? Well I'm cooking for a crowd - started today. Loving it!

Enjoy and stop by!

Leann

She Uses Her Words said...

We finally have sunshine and no wind today so I have been working outside. Glorious!
I love your teal and brown collage! Isn't Flights of Fancy a delightful place? I love it.
Have a nice weekend and a Happy Easter!
xo, Karen

Gale Blair said...

The detail and workmanship in your collage is stunning!! And I love the color palette.

And your little doggy is just adorable :) I'm so glad she is feeling better.