Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Love lavendar!

I love lavendar or lavender! Which ever way you want to spell it. :) My spell check doesn't like the "ar" version! My guest bedroom's colors are lavendar and pink. One of these days I will take a picture of it! I have a chandelier with amethyst tear drops that hang on it. But it has not been hung YET! Still waiting... patiently...I wish my husband read my blog! ;)

Close up view of the top.


I love this image of this lovely young lady. Another Paper Whimsy image. LOVE P.W.! I put the little rhinestone antenae on the butterfly.



The bottom of the collage. I love the lace. It was my last little piece of this! :(


This will go in the art sale too. No I'm not keeping it for my guest room...although...No. I'm selling it. See the afghan in the back ground? My Mama made that for me, just before she got really sick. It is draped over the back of the chair in the g. room because my kitties love to lay on them!



Thanks for visiting friends and I will be sharing more soon. I appreciate all of your sweet encouraging comments. I count each and everyone of them as blessings. Have a wonderful weekend. Please remember to pray for the people in Japan.





13 comments:

Valerie said...

It's beautiful!
I love the image of the lady.

Enjoy your weekend!
Valerie

Vintage Gal said...

How beautiful. Love that picture of the lady ~ just lovely ;-)

Lululiz said...

How can you part with that lovely collage, it is so perfect for the bedroom!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely beautiful,Sonya and the P.W. image is just lovely. I'm sure it will sell
quick.Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Gorgeous hanging. Did you dye the lavender pieces? You guest room sounds so pretty, I'd love to see pictures!
hugs Lynn

Junk Fairy said...

Sonya, love,love the collage in lavender! I read your comments on my blog. Sounds like we heart alot of the same things. Is your image printed on fabric? or paper?. It's beautiful!
Eloise

Vicki said...

Another gorgeous piece!

Terri said...

Beautiful piece! I love all your layers and how you sewed your image on. I just made a mini book with the same Paperwhimsy girl. I love this girl image!
Hugs,
Terri

Jillian said...

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit me. Your blog is very pretty! We all have many blessings to count. I have been praying for the Japanese people every night, tonight included.

The English Romantic said...

Hi Sonya,
Thanks for your visit and lovely comment.
Your collages are delightful, I can see we have such similar tastes, making these works of art is such a pleasure.
Hugs,Angela.

Candy C said...

Hello Sonya! Yet another beautiful cloth collage masterpiece! Love it!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
What beautiful lavenders!!! And I've got a big lavender post coming this week too....coincidence, huh? Happy Spring!!
XO

Robin said...

Hi Sonya! I must say this is one of the loveliest lavendar colored collages I have ever seen. The image and the lace you used are just beautiful.

Hugs,
Robin