Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Collage and an Altered Watch

Hello everyone! I just thought I would share a couple things that I made. Sorry about the lighting in these photos. It has been raining cats and dogs for the last week! I am planning on participating in an art sale towards the end of next month so I thought I would start working on a few Mother's day collages. I love this photo of this mother and baby. Doesn't she look like she just adores this child? I wish I could remember where I got this photo so I could give the person credit. If you are that person, let me know and I will gladly give you credit. Double click so you can see it up close.
Top part of the collage...

...and the bottom part. I made this rose with the pearl in it out of a thin strip of muslin.

I had this watch laying in my jewelry box for years. Always talking about buying batteries for it but never got around to it. So I thought I'm going to do something else with this thing! So I took it apart and put the cross inside of it and added a few pearls and rhinestone do-wop on the bottom of it and there you go! A necklace.

I think I like it better as a necklace!
I hope all you gals are doing well and hope the ones that are sick are feeling much better. I've been praying for you.
God bless you and have a wonderful Thursday~
~Sonya~

15 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Sonya, I love your sweet mother`s day collage, and wishes you much luck, when taking part in the art sale. I`m sure this lovely piece will fly away, quickly.
Your neclace is very beautifull, too- to put the cross, was a wonderfull idea.
Hugs,Dorthe

Lululiz said...

What a great idea to make the watch into a really gorgeous necklace, it really works well.
I love that image of the mother and child as well, and you made it into a beautiful collage.

Vintage Gal said...

What a lovely idea to make a necklace out of an old watch. Love the collage. Happy St. Patty's day ;-)

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
both of your projects are breathtaking! Love you work! Didn't know you had been a para pro also - it is a difficult job but very rewarding. Have a happy Thursday!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
love both of your gorgeous projects!!
So many beautiful details in your fabric collage. TFS.Have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Marie

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Those are so very beautiful !!!
Thank you for sharing them with us ~

xoxo
Lori

Miss Sandy said...

Hi sweet friend! I wanted to drop in and say "hello!" I have missed visiting! The collage is stunning and I love the make over on the watch necklace too. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Sonya, You do such lovely, romantic mixed media art, and that watch necklace is wonderful! I love the cross in it!
Hope you have a great weekend!
~ Julie

Fabric Art said...

Hi Sonya what at fantastic and sweet collage, love the image of mother and child and all the different layers of lace and fabric.
Anni

Barbara Jean said...

Sonya,
Both gorgeous!!!!

hugs and blessings
barbara jean

Suzann said...

They are both beautiful!!! Love the idea of re-using the watch.
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Junk Fairy said...

I love your jewelery. And your collage is beautiful! I am working on one as we speak. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and your sweet comments!
Smiles,
Eloise

Anneke said...

wow, whgat a lovely collage and details.
the watch is beautiful

Candy C said...

Oh my Sonya....beautiful work! The collage is so lovely and I love the sentiment you put with it. Just perfect with the picture. And the altered watch...wow! Stunning! Love them both!

Lynn Stevens said...

oops, I had posted a comment here then realized I forgot the word verification. so here goes a second try.

Gorgeous pieces Sonya, no doubt they will sell at the art sale. Your jewelry piece is awesome, hard to let that one go though!!!
Hugs Lynn