Thursday, March 31, 2011

~Blessed~

Hello friends, I thought I would share another collage I made for the show. The show isn't until the 16th of April. Which is a good thing as I am still very sick! Mother's day will be here before we know it, so I thought I would make a few collages pertaining to Mother and child. I have a soft spot for mother and child images. I can't remember where I found this picture. But I thought it went perfectly with the soft gray color in the fabric and lace.
I put the word "blessed" on the collage, because I'm sure that is what this mother is feeling as her daughter is reaching up as if to give her a kiss. I know I would.
Heart-shaped mother-of-pearl buttons that have a soft gray hue.
There are sequins and rhinestones placed throughout.


This rhinestone and pearl brooch is just beautiful. I attached it to the black clip.
This is the back of the collage. Do you recognize this fabric? It's another piece from Liz at Lululiz at Lalaland. It's my last piece, Liz! Just kidding. I ordered some more from her! I just love it. She got it from France and brought it to her house in England and then sent to my house. It's been around! If fabric could talk! This collage has a book cover on the inside of it. So it's quite stiff. Double click on the photo so you can see close up on the fabric.
Thank you for visiting. I would love to hear what you are working on right now. Or even if you're not! ;)



Have a blessed weekend. I hope all of you are well.


Blessings and hugs,

Sonya


24 comments:

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

So beautiful! You have magic hands to create such beauties! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Kasia said...

Oh how wonderful! I want to be your Mom! >:D That is a true masterpiece! This is wonderfully made and Im sure your mom is going to love this! Just the thought of you doing all this by hand.. I do that for my Mom too! Make everything by hand... have a wonderful day!

hugs,

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about it. I have a soft spot for mother and daughter images, too. Have a collection of 2! ;-)

Oil painting for beginners said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Candy C said...

Hi Sonya...Oh my gosh...this is beautiful!! I love it! The fabric is wonderful! You will have to educate me on Lululiz at Lalaland! What is that? That fabric is to die for!!! Your collage is lovely! <3 Candy

Createology said...

Your collage is simply beautiful. All of the detail you put into this piece makes for perfection. Happy Spring and Bird Who Sing...

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i always enjoy your collages. i love way you put everything together and all the detail closeups! wonderful!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
yur collage is truly beautiful. Love all the details.Hope you feel better soon.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Barbara Jean said...

This is lovely Sonya.

What 'show' are you doing these for??

blessings
barb

Pink Princess said...

Beautiful collage. Love the image and all the pretty embellishments ♥ Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs from Marian

Dorthe said...

Hello Sonya,
This is a sooo beautifull collage- and I love the grey tones you used, with all the pretty laces-and the brooch- so wonderfull.
Have a lovely week-end,dear-I hope you will be all well, very soon.
Hugs,Dorthe

The English Romantic said...

Hi Sonya,
This is so beautiful and so right for Mothers Day. I love all the little details, you are very talented.
Have a great weekend, Angela.

Robin said...

Hi Sonya, another beautiful collage. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Robin

alveen said...

This is so beautiful, as are all the collages you create, I love the soft shades.
Hoping it won't be too long before you are feeling well again.

Kate said...

What a gorgeous creation! You are so talented. Love your work with fabric.

Miss Sandy said...

Love it! The soft gray and cream tones are so soothing and pretty together. I just know you will do well at the show, keep up the great work!

Fabric Art said...

Oh Sonya your new collage is gorgeous, love the grey colors and all the beautiful details. Have a nice weekend.
Anni

Karen B. said...

Hi sweet Sonya, it is beautiful!!!! I love it.
I hope you will get very well soon.
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sonya,
Oh this is totally exquisite!!! And I love the "Blessed"--it is precious--just like you!!!
XO
Cindy

Mieke'S said...

I love your blog.
The background is beautiful!
It's realy vintage.
And I love all of it!

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Sonya, This is just gorgeous! Such pretty details.
Have a great weekend!
~ Julie

Monica@The White Bench said...

Wonderful! Love the lovely grey shades.
Hope you'll feel better soon, Sonya.
Monica x

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning Sonya! A Gorgeous hanging, no doubt your show will be a sell out!
Liz has wonderful things for sale on her site.
Hope your feeling better!
Hugs Lynn

Lululiz said...

Oh my goodness, Sonya, the collage is just gorgeous! It is a real thrill for me to see the fabric, which I had haggled over in France and hoarded for ages in England, made into such a wonderful piece. All the fabulous embellishments which you have used go so well with the fabric, I just adore this collage.