Saturday, January 22, 2011

We're Back!!!


I showed Deacon the plane and told him we were going to ride in it. This is the picture of his face when I told him. He said, "We get to ride THAT plane? Cool!" He was so excited.

The view from our window of Portland, Oregon at 8:30 in the morning.

We are above the clouds. They look like snow.

We would be on the plane 5 1/2 hours and I wondered how Deacon would do on the plane. Deacon fell asleep right away. :) He slept almost the whole way!!

Photos just don't do Maui justice. It truly is paradise.



We had to go to the beach right away. This is a photo of my daughter, Nikki, grandson, Deacon and my eldest sister, Roseann.



Building their sandcastles.



The water is warm and so beautiful.

Stayed tuned...I took about 800 pictures. Don't worry I won't share them all! But I have pictures of the Luau and whale watching. And beautiful flowers in bloom, etc. I want to go back! One week just isn't enough time to see and experience everything. I think I finally talked my husband into going next time!:)
I am still trying to get my energy back from being on the go for a week and jet lag.
Have you ever been to Maui or any of the other islands?

















4 comments:

Miss Sandy said...

Sonya,

What a gorgeous grandson you have, that smile just lights up his face and I am sure his grandmother's heart. The photos are gorgeous and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

My husband and I have been to the Big Island of Hawaii for our 25th anniversary and stayed for two glorious weeks and it was still not enough time in paradise! We have joked about going and living with and guy named Joe that we met in Kona, he lives on the beach! A true beach bum.

Rest up and have a sweet Sunday!

Vicki said...

Deacon is so darn cute! I can't wait to see more my friend!

Lululiz said...

Isn't he just the cutest young man? And it looks like he had the most fantastic time. Looking forward to seeing loads more great photos.

Sandy said...

Hey Sonya... Sounds like you had a fantastic time... I'm so happy for you! How cute is Deacon!!! You all needed this time away and isn't it wonderful what a special time you had together.
My little grandson broke is elbow this weekend in his trampoline. A freak accident..his arm was behind him some how and second jump...bam... it snapped. Cast tomorrow.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend...
TTYL.... xoso Sandy O