Monday, January 24, 2011

My Fine Feathered Friends

I made friends with these feathery creatures while in Maui. They came to visit me every morning to get their fill of bread that I set out for them. There was a ledge around the Lanai that I laid the bread on. The minute they saw my white robe they would all come fluttering in, almost touching me.
He looks like he is saying, "Is this all I get?" The red on the top of his head is beautiful.


These were the "chicken" birds. I had a hard time taking their picture without them taking off. I have a lot of pictures of them in flight.

The yellow canaries were spastics too. :)

I thought I would never get a picture of this guy. I love the shape of his beak. He was really shy. I just love the red color of his feathers.


This PIGeon was NOT shy. He was more of a pig than a bird. I tried to make him eat last because he would not leave until he ate every morsel of bread. He sure was cute with his chubby body.


I was sitting on the beach eating a sandwich and chips, minding my own business...I think the word got around the island that there was a sucker visiting that liked feeding the birds. He's so cute, I couldn't help myself.


He said, "Oh, oh. So much for lunch."

"Shoo, shoo!"

"Haha!" he said. You can't scare me!" Doesn't he look like he is just strutting his stuff?
Well friends, everytime I start to download pictures off my computer to my post after a few photos it gets really slow. I mean rrreeeaaalllyyy ssslllooowww! So I get impatient and stop. I will have more tonight or tomorrow. Depending on my patience level! LOL! I will be sharing flowers, whales and the Luau too. I wanted to combine them more. Sorry about dragging it out.
My 100th post is coming up VERY shortly. I hope you will let me know what you would like as the prize for the drawing! If you're too shy to leave a comment, e-mail me. I won't bite I promise! I'm pretty nice, I feed the birds and everything! Ha!
Thanks for stopping in and I pray that you are all having a great week. We are having beautiful weather here this week! Hooray! What a blessing. :)
Don't forget to double click on the photos. The birds are even cuter closer up!











5 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Sonya,
These birds are precious!!
I've been checking over here to see when you were back.

Bet you had the best time ever!!

Blessings and welcome home.
barbara jean

PS watch faces are gone, but I will try to get more.

donna!ee said...

awesome blessings indeed...thank you much for sharing! :)

Lululiz said...

Fabulous photographs! I especially love the second one down, the bird looks so quizzical.
Oh, and that is one fat pigeon, lol.

yodafatkitty said...

Aww, what cute birds!! And yeah, those pigeons are pigs! lol

Charlene said...

I can't wait to see more photos Sonya! What beautiful colors your feathered friends are sporting. I WOULD LOVE TO BE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!
Charlene