Thursday, January 27, 2011

Luau in Lahaina!

Finally! I finished downloading the Luau pictures! We are a colorful bunch aren't we? LOL! They gave us each a puka shell necklace.
The back of my cute little Deacon! He loved this outfit because it had turtles on it. He liked it so much he slept in it!!


They are showing us the pig that they had buried and had been cooking. They said a blessing before we ate. We ate that and teriyaki chicken, steak, mahi mahi, noodles, potatoes, green salad, coconut fruit salad, variety of other salads, and desserts. Everything was just delicious.

The Emcee asked if there was anyone in the audience that would like to learn the hula. Deacon RAN up on stage! I couldn't believe it!
Still doing the hula.:)

I think he just realized how many people were watching him! Heehee. There was only 350 people! What's he scared about?

I wished I would have taken another picture of them. I didn't realize Deacon had chocolate cake in his mouth! Could you tell Nikki got some sun that day?

Look our faces match our red dresses! LOL!


The dances were spectacular! Hawaiian, Samoan and Tahitian dances! And the music was wonderful! This Luau was right next to the ocean too.


She was dancing for the newlyweds.


This is the Emcee of the show. She was explaining how the women should wear their flowers in their hair. The left side is for women that are married or spoken for the right side or towards the back of the head. She said for the singles, the bigger the better! She said that's why hers covers her whole head. To draw attention! LOL!

This kid had a body I'm telling you!! I had a side view pic too but it didn't get in here for some reason.


They said this dance and their colorful outfits was a tribute to Bob Hope and his Hawaiian movie. What was it called? It's late and I can't think!

She was beautiful.




She is very pretty. Double click to get close-ups if you want.

This guy even put this fire in his mouth!! I couldn't get a good picture of it, thanks to the guy sitting in front of me. :(

He was twirling this fire like crazy.




I got a picture of Nikki, Deacon and this cute boy that was one of the dancers!! Nikki was embarrassed. ;) Pictured behind them is the buffet. There were 3 rows of it! Yummy food! I should have taken pictures of that too. But the people in line probably wouldn't have appreciated it.
Thank you So much for joining me in my trip to Maui. Just an unforgetable place and if you haven't visited, I hope some day you will get to see it for yourself.
This is also my 100th post!! TA DAH!! I will be taking a little break to prepare my prizes for the winners. So please stay tuned! When I finally post the prizes, I would like anyone who is interested to leave a comment on THAT post. If you are a follower too, you get your name put in 2 times! Okay? I so appreciate the comments that people leave me. I have so enjoyed meeting new friends and old through my blog. It has truly been a "blessing" to me and I am counting it! God bless all of you.

































13 comments:

Miss Sandy said...

What a wonderful post, so colorful! I could almost hear the beat of the music and feel the excitement crackle in the air as I viewed them. This took me back to our anniversary trip! They took our photo as we entered the luau and we are pink from the sun in there too! Beauty runs in your family, you and your daughter look so much alike and what a precious time to spend with her, your sister, and little Deacon. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and congrats on that 100th post too!

Sandy said...

Sonya this is exactly what you and your kiddies needed! Looks like you had a fantastic time and that little Deacon up on the stage dancing...what a cutie!! I love when he realizes there are sooo many people out there. Lovely lovely family you are blessed with....
Have a wonderful weekend.... xoso Sandy

Barbara Jean said...

Oh so fun!! Almost like being there, but without the sunburn.
(and being a fair skinned red head I would have had a doozy!)

Blessings
barbara jean

PS congratulations on 100 posts already!
And enjoy your little break.

The English Romantic said...

What a fab post, I'm transported to another world. I'm sure I can hear the music and smell the food.
So glad you had such a good time.
Smiles, Angela.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
congratulations on your 100th post!Beautiful photos thanks for sharing them.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow Sonya What a wonderful Luau this must have been. I could almost taste the poi (yuck) did you try that? Like wallpaper paste. LOL
Gorgeous photos. I'd so love to go back for a visit!
hugs Lynn

Vicki said...

Sonya this looks like such a wonderful time! Your daughter is just gorgeous. I can see so much of you in her. Congrats on 100!!

Barbara Jean said...

hey girl
sent you an email about a class in Lincoln City.
Email bounced back.

Hope all is well.

hugs

b

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
what an awesome trip this must have been! thank you for sharing the beautiful photos and memories with all of us! :) Love the luau outfits!

Lululiz said...

What a wonderful time you must have had. The photos are such a beautiful, colourful reminder of a great holiday. Those dancers, wow, very spectacular.

Ken Johnston said...

Hi Sonya,
I enjoyed your blog. You have a great family and a wonderful life. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog.
Many blessings to you.
Ken

Val said...

I love posts like this. Looks like you had an amazing time. Happy Thursday!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful trip you must have had. I love the three generations having a good time together. The pictures of the Luau were wonderful and yes, I did click on the nicely built guy to get a little closer look. lol Eye candy.