Thursday, December 2, 2010

Garage Sale Treasure!

Isn't he beeeuutiful?! When my sister and I showed up at this garage sale, we got out of the car and grabbed each others hands and about screamed. We tried so hard not to run...it wasn't easy. This wasn't a garage sale! This was a garage FULL of antiques! My sister and I have since become good friends with the lady that was the owner of all these treasures. Her name is Rosie and I just love her. You should see her house! I've taken some pictures but I've got to take more. It's been featured in the Country Sampler magazine! Yes, it's that beautiful! Anyway, back to my horsey.
I don't have to tell you what this is, do I?


I just love the color of him, don't you? I'm trying to think of a name. Any ideas?

He looks pretty happy doesn't he? I guess I should call it a her, huh? I didn't even think about that.
I bought a couple other pieces from her too. I'll take pictures of those too and show ya.
How's the preparing for the holidays going? Praying that you are all well and staying warm.



7 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What an AWESOME piece!!! He/She is STUNNING!! I would have RUN to it too!!

Can't wait to see what else you got!

I'm a follower and I will be back :)

Lou Cinda

Lululiz said...

Magnificent! He or she, doesn't matter, lol, the horse is beautiful.

Miss Sandy said...

Wonderful find, the rocking horse and the new friend. My plans are going very slow, I went out yesterday to get a tree and came home with a table LOL! I was going to put the tree on the table, it that justifies its purchase. My dining table is still donning its Thanksgiving decorations. Maybe next week I will get my ducks in a row and get the decorating done. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Alisa said...

*squeeel*
What a WONDERFUL find!!! Oh, you lucky girl!

Barbara Jean said...

WOW!! amazing!!

Good going there girl!

blessings

bj

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow are you planning on including her in your Christmas decor? Fabulous!!!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Ooooh, you lucky girl! Beautiful and you should dress him/her up for Christmas.