Thursday, December 9, 2010

~Fruit of the Spirit~

I just loved making this piece. I got the idea from Dawn at Feathered Nest. Hers is more beautiful of course. But I wanted one. So I knew I would just have to make my own. This scripture is important to me.
I bought this cross off of etsy. It came from the Ukraine. I just loved the look of it. I put the pearl in the center of it.


A little close-up view. This piece is more aged looking in person. My wonderful camera didn't pick it up.

I used a canvas board as the base. Copied a couple pages out of an old garden book. Picked out a branch that I thought would hold all attributes we should possess. I wanted to Modge Podge the background but knew it would smear since I didn't use the original paper out of the book. I would have liked that better, I think. But I would have had to make this piece a lot smaller then. Then I sewed the branch onto the canvas. Then tied all the tags I made onto the branches.
Thanks for stopping in friends. I hope your weekend is a blessed one.



4 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Love it! Great verse. Great job!

blessings
barbara jean

donna!ee said...

absolutely spectacular! revelations to be had in the fruit of studies...Spirit, souls, praise, giving, holiness...thank you much for sharing!

Miss Sandy said...

Your inspirational attribute art is wonderful!!! So beautiful and I love its simplicity, the attributes stand out as stars on this piece. Hope you have a delightful weekend!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a beautiful and inspiring piece! Love it