Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Card and Collage I Made for My Friend

I thought I would share what I made for my friend since she already got to open it! I made her this Christmas card out of a bingo card. She likes primitive, so I tried to oblige. :)
She loved this hanger so I hung the card on it. And stamped her name on the hanger. After taking this photo I decided I didn't like how her name turned out so I redid it. And of course, forgot to take another picture!

Notice what the words to the song on the music paper says? That's why I used the tree in the foreground. Have you ever seen a plaid tree before? Haha. The garland around the tree is from Sandy at Quill Cottage. I just love it.



I thought this photo of this little girl was so adorable. I wish I could remember where I got it.

Rosie loves rusty things and hearts, so I thought this fit the bill.

See the stick?





It says, "A friend loves at all times." And they should don't you think?
Thanks for dropping by and I am praying that you all have a wonderful Christmas. Don't forget to celebrate Jesus' birthday. I'm making Him a cake!:)
I appreciate all of you who visit. Remember to double click on the pictures to get a better view. And if you haven't signed up to as a follower yet, I would love to have you! And followers-there will be a giveaway coming soon! So stay tuned!
God bless you all~~









6 comments:

Tammy said...

Always lovely to personalize a gift for a special friend. Merry Chrismas! Tammy

Barbara Jean said...

Hi Sonya,

been off comp a few days so no time to visit.
so, just coming by to say have a Blessed Christmas.
off to see more posts here i might have missed.

Oh, love your art pieces. My fave is the second one. yes, adorable little girl
Where do you get those hangers? I could so use those for some things I have to display.

big hugs and blessings

barb

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
both pieces are beautiful - lucky friends!
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Marie

Miss Sandy said...

Oh my, both just gorgeous! I know she had to have loved them. Love that old pin, great embellishment.

Have a jolly holiday!

Charlene said...

I LOVE the little gift you made for Rosa. Beautiful!!!!! I wanted to wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas. I feel so blessed to have found you as a friend & I look forward to a wonderful year of enriching our friendship through 2011 with getting to know each other better. Your blog is such a pleasure & I soooooo enjoy looking through your post & seeing your many talents. HUGS!
Charlene

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
what a gorgeous altered card! you have incorporated so many lovely embellishments! I love it!
I hope you have a Happy New Year and that 2011 is full of many blessings!