Sunday, December 5, 2010

Acorns, Angels and Snowflakes

Remember the acorns that I glittered? Well, this is where I hung them. Pretty simple, but I think that's why I like it. Didn't cost much either.:) I think these acorns would be beautiful in any color. Don't you?


They look a lot prettier in real life. I love nature. I cut these branches down by the river and the birds were out every where looking for food. There was plenty for them. Winter berries and rose hips of all kinds. Such a peaceful and beautiful place. I will have to take pictures of this place so you can enjoy it too.


These angels are sitting below the pitcher of branches and acorns. The little book they are holding actually have a verse out to the bible written on it. Luke 2:11. "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

I like the way the two angels at the end are touching the angel's head in the center.

I hung snowflakes from the ceiling all over in the livingroom. It looks really pretty at night when just the tree lights are on. They have glitter on them.
I hope everyone has had a very nice weekend and are looking forward to celebrating the birth of our LORD.







6 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
love how you decorated - it looks so pretty.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

Miss Sandy said...

Sonya,

You have a really beautiful home! I love the simplicity of your table top decor, a perfect touch of sparkle and shine. The angels are beautiful too. We have low ceilings in our home and really tall friends, I could just see them dodging snowflakes if I tried that, hee hee! Hope your Monday is a happy one!

Barbara Jean said...

Love the angles!!!

Sweet little acorns too.

And, yes, I am so looking forward to celebrating our savior's birth, and even more thrilled we get to celebrate every day.

blessings friend.

barbara jean

Lynn Stevens said...

Your sweet acorn tree reminded me of a dear friend, she puts out a tree in the fall and calls it her harvest tree, its full of all kinds of fall ornaments and fruit, berries, acorns and dried foliage, its so beautiful, when Christmas comes around she just swaps out the ornaments!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!
hugs Lynn

Vicki said...

Sonya - Your house is so pretty! The acorns look great on those branches. I hope you do take us on your nature walk down to the river. Love those paper ornaments. We need a tutorial!

yodafatkitty said...

Love the acorns and the snowflakes. I've been thinking of doing something with snowflakes myself....This is really pretty!