Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Santa and My Bird Theme Tree

No, this isn't a Bird themed tree. This is Santa. He came from a garage sale for a buck! He looks cute at night lit up next to the red lighted tree that sits on my porch. Maybe I will take a picture of him at night. If I can get the picture to turn out, I will show you. ;)
Can't have a bird themed tree without feathers! The only bling on this tree are the christmas lights and a little glitter on the pinecones and birdhouse (where I put snow-tex on them). See the altered cigar box?


Nests, birds, berries and pinecones. Isn't nature just wonderful?

My tree topper? A bird's nest with a bird and eggs in it, of course!



A closer view of him. My cats do not know what to think.


Sorry about the glare of the windows. I don't have curtains on these front windows yet. We don't use the livingroom very much so it really doesn't matter right now. I'm dreading to buy 95" long curtains for this room though! Curtains and drapes are SOOO expensive! And I hate buying curtains. They never have enough of what you want or need.


This is the altered cigar box that is sitting in my tree. I love the colors of it and the poem. I know people use this poem a lot in their crafts but I don't care. I like it.


Another view of it.



Ditto!


I have this sitting under my tree. I love this little calendar. My daughter bought it for me quite a few years ago. I just love it.
I have a lot more pictures to share but I'm doing a little at a time. Because every thing is so different and I don't want to confuse you! I ended up with five trees! Yes, five! And they are ALL different. One in my living room, family room, craft room, stairway and one on the porch. I mostly made due with what I had (decorations). I'm not into going out and spending a whole bunch of money on decorations. So that's one reason decorations are different in every room. :)Can't get tired of it that way, can I?
How about you? Are getting into the holiday spirit yet? Have you even started decorating? Are you a procrastinator? A lot of people are, so don't feel bad. It sure seems our days are shorter and there's never enough time for anything anymore. Just do what decorating you can. And take your time. Enjoy it. If you don't get it done...oh well, right?
Well, even my bird tree didn't turn out like I planned. But that's probably because I didn't really plan ahead. You know. Like you're suppose to?
Thanks for stopping by. I pray that you have many blessings during this holiday season. And find time in your hectic schedule to come back. Hugs.









26 comments:

Lululiz said...

What a lovely idea for a Christmas tree, very different. Love the bird nest at the top.

Miss Sandy said...

Love the tree and the cigar box is wonderful! Five trees? Can you please come help me with just one? Tonight my husband and I are going out in search of a smaller tree, family growing, more seating needed, so tree needs to shrink! Have a great day!

Lynn Stevens said...

I love your nature tree! and that cigar box is awesome! I am a wildlife artist so these things hold a special place in my heart..

Barbara Jean said...

sweet tree, and wonderful box. Saying is great.
missed this post somehow in my busyness last week.

blessings

bj

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your tree looks just beautiful!
XO Marie

Anonymous said...

xanax anxiety how many 1mg xanax to overdose - xanax withdrawal high blood pressure

Anonymous said...

buy valium without rx purchase generic valium - valium white pill

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax bars anxiety - xanax generic

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax and other drug interactions - how much xanax and alcohol

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam 10mg street value - liquid diazepam erowid

Anonymous said...

order xanax online xanax online safe - xanax pills what do they look like

Anonymous said...

lorazepam vs diazepam buy diazepam powder - daz diazepam buy

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online zolpidem online review - ambien side effects metallic taste

Anonymous said...

valium diazepam therapeutic uses diazepam - buy valium usa cheap

Anonymous said...

ativan for anxiety kind high ativan - ativan addiction and withdrawal

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam low dosage - generic diazepam good valium

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online buy diazepam fast delivery - buy diazepam 2mg usa

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online 9 mg ativan - does ativan or xanax work better

Anonymous said...

cheap zolpidem ambien cr not working - half life ambien 10mg

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol soma what is the drug soma used - where can i buy soma online

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol online somanabolic muscle maximizer program download - buy soma online with mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online when did generic ambien cr become available - ambien side effects talking

Anonymous said...

valium online canada much 10mg valium - can i buy valium over the counter

Anonymous said...

buy valium cheap valium dosage oral - online pharmacy reviews valium

Anonymous said...

buy valium from india side effects generic valium - valium for sale no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma online soma drug screening urine - buy soma online without