Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ornaments I Made


Hello friends! I thought I would share a couple ornaments I made. One is made from an old zinc jar lid (from Barb's store) and the other one is a tart tin. I love old pictures, so that's what I used. The red pipe cleaner I found at an estate sale. And if you read my previous post you would know I got the tin and the silver pipe cleaner from the antique store when I went shopping with my daughter. The red Christmas ball hanging on the zinc lid was one of a box FULL of ornaments I bought at an estate sale last weekend. I can't wait to use them all but I think that's going to be awhile since I think there is over 200 of them in all colors! I couldn't help it! They were CHEAP!
There's another estate tomorrow! ;) I think I'm going to go. I need to. Haha. I think I'm addicted to estate sales. How about you? Am I the only one?
Well, anyway, I hope you all have a very pleasant, restful weekend. And remember to count your blessings. Do something you enjoy. Like visiting my blog! Ha! Just kidding...

8 comments:

donna!ee said...

these are beautiful...thank you much for sharing! AND it's a perfect idea for my "lunch bunch" girlies, there's 15 of us, Christmas gifts... ;)

Miss Sandy said...

Sonya,

They are both just adorable but my favorite is the tart tin, the little girl and her snowman are so cute! Happy thrifting!

Lululiz said...

Sweet ornaments, Sonya! And of course you have to go to the estate sale, you'll be doing a good deed ;-)

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sonya, how wonderful that you got to meet Barabara Jean. She is the sweetest! Lucky you! Your ornaments are so pretty. I'm sure you will find lots of goodies at the estate sale. Best wishes, Tammy

Alisa said...

So sweet!
I just love ornaments made from old tart tins!

Vicki said...

I just love these! They turned out great! I use pipe cleaner sometimes, or cheesecloth, around my zinc lid ornaments. I found enough pipe cleaner to last me a life time at an estate sale recently! lol

Lynn Stevens said...

I adore your ornaments and yes I Love estate sales too!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sonya
these are just precious. I especially love the tin with the tinsel. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!