Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I did it! Coffee stained fabric and all!

I did it! Remember the fabric that I printed pictures on with my printer? And the coffee stained fabric? Well, I made this collage. No the sewn lines are not straight and they aren't suppose to be. The bird's nest is a coin purse. I love the colors of this collage. Look at my other pictures too. Sorry I didn't wait til daylight to take these pictures. But I hope you can still get the idea. It was a lot of fun making this, you should try it! You can make them with almost anything.
 I love that song "His Eye is on the Sparrow". You can listen to it on the internet for free if you want. Read Matthew 10:29-31. We are so important to God.
 See the two little eggs inside the coin purse? And the little feathers? I just love them.



I don't know if you can see it or not. But it says "and I know He watches me." Click on any of the pictures and it will enlarge them. Click on them one more time and it will be even bigger.

16 comments:

Miss Sandy said...

Brilliant! I love the sentiment you used with your image. Great attention to detail too! You know what? This looks like something made by Dawn of The Feathered Nest, YES it is that good! Love it! I hope you have some fun making more.

Alisa said...

It's gorgeous!
I love the dyed ticking fabric and the coin purse. Great job!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sonya,
absolutely gorgeous! Love it. Brilliant idea with the coin purse as a nest!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Barbara Jean said...

This is gorgeous! We like he same things. Birds, nests, neutrals

blessings

barbara jean

Barbara Jean said...

me again. I posted about your blog!!

blessings

barbara jean

Dorthe said...

Hi Sonya, read about your blog over at Barbara Jean- and saw imediately I would love visiting you here.
What a wonderfull collage.
Dorthe

Becky said...

I love anything with birds and this is just adorable.Thanks for sharing and welcome to the world of blogging!

Vicki said...

Welcome, Sonya! Barbara Jean and Karen are two of my fairy blogmothers too! Love your project and the design of your blog. Karen did mine too. Isn't she great? I love neutrals and nature, so your project was very appealing to me. Stop by if you get a chance, I'm having a small giveaway. So nice to meet you!

Diane said...

This is just beautiful, and so is your blog!
I've come over from Barbara Jean's blog to meet you!
Happy blogging!
Blessings,
Diane

The Brickhouse said...

I love that! Just found your blog and I am now a follower....
Patti

Vintage Sandy said...

Love your collage read about you from Barbara happy she posted it's so much fun meeting new friends stop over sometime see ya soon
Hugz
Sandy

Robin said...

What a beautiful fabric collage! I too came over from Barbara's blog and am so glad she posted about you. Will be following your blog for sure!!

Hugs,
Robin

sweet violets said...

Love the neutrals, nests, and nature too....came over from Barb's blog....come visit.....xoxo...cleo

paynterfamily4 said...

WONDERFUL WORK - LOVE YOUR BLOG AND ALL THE CREATIVE GOODIES! WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY!

TRACI { :

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Welcome! I came over from Barbara Jean's too! She is just the sweeest! Love the collage....and I also love the song His Eye is on the Sparrow....

I am a follower...come visit me when you can...

Lou Cinda :)

She Uses Her Words said...

Hello and Welcome! I came over from Barbara's blog also. She is the loveliest person! Your blog is just beautiful! Will be back and am now following!
xo, Karen